Payout On Hold

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 0

Well, I'm very new to this and after a week or 2, my payout was placed on hold because I had CBD and hemp products. I deleted them all, now I'm on hold because of certain brand names, and I have no clue how to determine which products to remove because they were not pointed out to me :-(  3 weeks and I'm wondering if I'm about to be shut down.  I need this to be a bit easier.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
726 76 130

Hey, @tarlene!

Lulu here from the Shopify Support team. Thanks for reaching out here, and I'll be more than happy to help you out.

I know it can be a bit of a whirlwind setting up an online store but we are always here to help. Did you receive an email about the hold and have you got a ticket number that I can check up on for you? Can I confirm that you are using Shopify Payments? With the Shopify Payments gateway, all merchants must comply with Shopify’s Terms of Service and our Acceptable Use Policy. This includes complying with all applicable laws in your jurisdiction too.

Different payment gateways have different rules so even though you may not be able to use Shopify payments then there is a range of different gateways you can use. You will need to reach out to them and confirm what you are selling and if they allow it on their gateway. Where are you based and I can give you a list of gateways that are available in your country? And also if you have a ticket number you can pass it on here and I'll check it out for you too. 

Speak soon,

Lulu

Lulu | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 0
I resolved the Hemp and CBD issue by just removing it. I don't want to use
another gateway, it's just that I have no idea which brands I've included
that I shouldn't have.
0 Likes
Highlighted

This is an accepted solution.

Shopify is an excellent solution for most products. If you do a quick search online you will find eCommerce Solutions and Merchant Accounts just for the CBD Industry without limitations. Typically considered a "high-risk" merchant.

James

James Byrne, Owner, Information Architect (USMC VET)
After Dark Grafx - Since 1992
"We Work After Dark, So You Don't Have To!"
https://www.afterdarkgrafx.com

Services: Website Design, Mobile App Development (iOS, Android, Windows), Ecommerce, Magento, Shopify, Miva, BigCommerce, Search Engine Optimization, Wordpress, Hosting, Graphic Design, Merchant Accounts, Consulting and all things web related!

Certified Partner/Developer/Affiliates: Shopify, Google Integrator, Wordpress, Zoho, AuthorizeNet, Geotrust and a Member of the San Diego Regional Chamber of Commerce, Veteran Owned Businesses, Veteran's In Business Network.

I also build custom apps for Shopify!
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
726 76 130

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @tarlene.

No problem at all, you will need to remove all brand name products unless you have a resellers license as per our terms and conditions.

20-01-v4jx8-0m6ho

Has someone been in touch with you by email about your Shopify Payments account being on hold?

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 0
Yes, i think I've removed everything. Waiting to hear from someone. I had to spend money to order for 2 customers because payout is on hold😕
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 0
I removed all CBD.
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0
I don’t know what is going on I joined Shopify months ago and last week I just made my first sales and now it telling me payout on hold I have sent all requested documents and it still on hold is this how Shopify really works I don’t know what to do again if you can help me solve this problem
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
726 76 130

Hi, @Boss2.

Welcome to the thread! The reason for this hold is because your store is currently using Shopify Payments, we will often audit stores for a variety of reasons requesting photo ID and/or other supporting documentation from the account owner directly, to verify their identity and confirm their business details for underwriting purposes. (Read more here)- Section B - Article 3, Verification and Underwriting.

We initiate an audit to request photo ID/documents for a number of reasons; it can range from a sudden spike in high-value orders being placed through Shopify Payments, a significant number of unfulfilled orders on the admin, an unusual number of chargebacks being issued, or down to simply our banking partner requesting updated photo ID and re-confirming the account owners details for their own underwriting purposes.

It's nothing to be concerned about, and often once the documents requested are uploaded, they are reviewed within a few business days and you can continue as normal. If the team need anything else from you, they will reach out by email.

I hope this helps but if there is anything else I can do for you just let me know!

0 Likes