Payout is failing and cant change my banking info to fix it.

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

Hello, Im having trouble replacing my Routing and account banking info. It's requesting for the old routing and account but I never game them that in the first place. Also the last 4 digits it's saying my account is under doesn't match my banking info at all. Can anyone help me out with this?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
794 41 122

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @Kinetoys!

I'm sorry to hear that, I can understand this would be frustrating. If there was a typo made when first adding the banking details for a Shopify Payments account, it can sometimes be difficult to rectify this. This is because you must first enter the 'old' account number in order to update it with the correct details. But if you are not sure where the error is, it can be difficult to know what 'old' details to add! Not to worry though, I can help you here. I'll bring you details to the Accounts team now so they can help you add the correct details.

I've reached out to the email address linked to your Community Forums account here, would you be able to reply to that email? If you can, I'll be able to authenticate you as the account owner so I can look into this issue for you. You should see my email in your inbox under ticket #20590797. If you can reply to that email, we can get started!

Speak soon!

Ava
Social Care | help.shopify.com

Ava | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

Thank you Ava! I would Greatly appreciate that and Yes, I'll check my email now. 

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

Hello Ava, Have you been able to help me with placing my new account info? I'd really like for my funds to be in my my account. I will be scaling my ads for Black Friday and need to make sure I can get paid out. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
794 41 122

Hey, @Kinetoys!

No problem at all, this matter is being looked into for you as we speak. I can see my colleague Ted got back to you over the weekend via email; Ted was able to send your details to our Accounts team.

What they will usually do in cases like this is reach back out to you themselves to confirm some account security questions, then they would be able to remove the current bank account details on file. This will allow you a blank space to re-enter the correct details! I know there is a timeframe you must follow for BFCM, this concern was passed along to the Accounts team also. 

The Accounts team has a high level of support queries to get through at this time of year, so I won't be able to give an exact timeline. This will hopefully be sorted out for you soon, as they will do their best for you.

How are you preparing for BFCM otherwise, are you planning a marketing strategy?

Speak soon!

Ava

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

I just realized I haven’t updated my new bank details for my payouts, and my old bank account is closed and I can’t get the account number and routing number to make the changes on Shopify. I need to update my account number and routing number. How can I update my Bank account Without old account info????

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

please help me with this so I can get my payouts this is really frustrating and I'm completely upset that I have to go through all of this to get this fixed my business is crown Perspective and Vegan HAIRcare 213-713-6105 email reginald.drummer@gmail.com shopify needs to make this a little more simpler for people who have given so much information to open up an account it's up shop a phi this is crazy

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
794 41 122

Hey, @Woodieframes!

I'm sure I can help here. Our Accounts team would need to dig into this further for you, so I'll need to authenticate you as the owner of the account!

I've reached out to the email address linked to your Community Forums account here, would you be able to reply to that email? If you can, I'll be able to authenticate you as the owner so we can look into this issue for you. You should see my email in your inbox under ticket #20722356. If you can reply to that email, we can get started.

Speak soon!

Ava

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
794 41 122

Hey, @VeganHAIR!

The same as @Woodieframes above, I'm sure myself and the Accounts team can resolve this for you. I've also reached out to you via email, would you be able to reply to me? I can authenticate you too! You should see my email in your inbox under ticket #20722248. I'm sure we can resolve this for you.

Speak soon!

Ava

0 Likes