Payouts Missing

Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

Hi,

I have a new store. I recently received a payout for my most recent order, but I haven't payouts for the previous 3 orders. Does anyone know why this might be? Should I contact Shopify direct or could it be something in my settings?

Jules

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
22 3 5

Hey, @Jules_Loveland!

Finley from Shopify here. Thanks for your question!

Have you been able to confirm which payment gateway processed your customer's order? The way you receive your payouts will differ depending on this.

Payment Gateways

1) Shopify Payments

If you use the Shopify Payments gateway, you can check on the status of your payouts by going to your Shopify Admin > Settings > Payments > Shopify payments > View payouts.

You'll be able to click on any of your existing payouts to check on the particulars of each.

These payouts will be deposited into the bank account details you entered in whilst setting up Shopify Payments.

2) Paypal

PayPal is a default payment gateway that will be connected once you create a Shopify account. The email you used to sign up for your Shopify account will be the email used for the PayPal Express Checkout account unless you've updated this.

If your customers paid with PayPal, PayPal would've sent an email to the connected email address where you can complete your account set up and claim your payout. You can check what this email is by going to your Shopify Admin > Settings > Payments > Paypal section.

Something to note is to be able to manually capture payments and refund orders, you'll also want to finish setting up PayPal on your store.

If you have any questions about your PayPal account or claiming your funds, you can contact PayPal here.

3) Third-party payment providers

If you've set up a Third-party payment provider, you'll want to double-check with the payment provider's support team as to how the funds will be deposited and in what time frame, since they're external to Shopify.

Check how your customer paid for their order

To confirm which payment gateway was used when the customers paid for their orders, you can go to your Orders tab, click on the order number, and scroll down to the order’s timeline like so:

20-08-qgj15-maeyt.

By clicking the little triangle next to the last four digits of the customer's credit card number, you'll see a further breakdown of the transaction's details as well.

Please let me know if you're still unable to locate your payouts or have any further questions about this, Jules.

As for the new store, how are things going so far, Jules? It's great to hear you've made some sales! A good next step for you may be to start developing a marketing plan if you haven't already. We have a ton of resources to support you in learning more about the marketing channel of your choice on our Shopify Compass.

As always, please feel free to reach out to our team should any questions arise.

Cheers!

Finley | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes