Paypal express checkout not working

Highlighted
1 0 0

I realized that I didnt get any sales in my first store because the checkout express doesnt work. It keeps telling me that " Receiving country does not support the transaction currency." I literally tried anything and everything to fix this, but nothing worked, or maybe I just can't focus or think straight for now because I have been trying to fix this for more than 8 hours straight. 

PS : Im from Morocco, and the prices are in MAD ( moroccan dirham) for now, I did switch them to USD to see if it works with that, but no it didn't. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
811 50 103

Hi there @wolfjojo!

Don here from Shopify. :)

Sorry to hear that you've had such a hard time getting your PayPal gateway set up.

It sounds like there may be an issue between the currency in which you are trying to make payment and the currency your PayPal account is able to receive.

This can happen when there is an incompatibility between the currency being used and the currency on your PayPal account or that is accepted by PayPal in that region.

In order to be certain, you would need to reach out to PayPal to check with them which currencies you can sell in, withdraw in and what sort of bank account or cards will be accepted for withdrawal in your region.

They will have access to info on your account and their processes which we don't have visibility over from here in Shopify so would be able to confirm this aspect of your account setup.

Check in with them to see which currency and or withdrawal methods you would need to use for your type of PayPal account and checkout to ensure you have got a compatible setup.

All the best!

Regards,

Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes