People keep asking for a freaking refund

3 0 0

Because of the long delivery time (30-50 days). nearly 25% of my damn customers have asked for a refund. This is absurd. I ask them to just wait a few more days, but most of them open a dispute in Paypal. I give Paypal proper information about their order, but they decline it and take my money. How can one earn a living on this stuff? What can I do?

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
703 37 99

Hi, John.

Peter here from Shopify Support. 

That sounds like a pretty tough situation, and I'm sorry to hear that you're having to go through the dispute process on a regular bases. When it comes to dropshipping, and the higher than usual shipping times, it's best to be as open as possible about the wait times. This helps your customers make an informed decision on whether to purchase from you and if the wait times will be worth it.

I had some time to review your store and did notice that you have an FAQ in your footer, that outlines the shipping times. On top of this, you have them outlined beneath the main product descriptions which is a good start, however, these two areas are easily missed by consumers. I'd highly recommend adding the shipping times to your shipping rate names, as this is something that is more prominent and not as easily missed when checking out. 

You could also take another step into helping reduce the chances of this being missed, by having your customers agree to your terms of conditions before initiating their checkout. We have a guide here that outlines those steps should you want to get that added. 

All in all, this is a tough situation to be in, however, with these preventive measures, this should help reduce the dispute rate you're currently seeing when it comes to future orders. Let me know if you have any questions!

All the best, 

Peter 
Shopify Support

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
3 0 0

Good information! These refunds are from my other store though. The bracelet store you took a look at is not it. I also have very different shipping times on the store you looked at, so I won't be messing around with shipping rate names, unless I would tell them that the package could arrive within 7-50 days XD

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
94 0 9

Hi John

You should only ship e-packet, to avoid this situation. e-packet shipping is 12 to 20 days. Put that on your product pages so your customers know exactly what to expect. 

Also I suggest you only ship from sellers with at least 200 reviews and 4.5 + star rating on AliExpress. 

If you need any more help with this email me at info@21brands.com

Cheers,

Koen from 21Brands.com

Need personal 1-on-1 Shopify coaching with an expert? 21Brands.com. Also lots of useful free stuff. Email me for personal advice at info@21brands.com
0 Likes