Per-product shipping rate or exception?

Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 6

Is it possible to set a specific shipping rate or exception for individual products?

My issue is that I offer free shipping over $100, but have one $140 product that is exceptionally larger and heavier than anything else in the shop, costing me more to ship. I'd like to exclude that from the free shipping over $100 rule. 

Is there an app for that?

Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
133 0 40

Hi Ryan,

I don't think there is a workaround for this at the present moment. The problem is that you can't specify a special shipping rate for certain products or exclude certain products from a shipping rate.

I have added your name to Shopify's Epic Wants list so if they add this feature you will be notified.

If you need anymore information, you can contact me at ewa@shopify.com or call us at 1-888-746-7439.

Thanks,

Ewa 
Shopify Guru

Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 6

Great--thank you. Just being able to use a combination of price and weight variables seems like it would allow a lot more flexability

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
13 0 0

Hi Ryan,

I hope it's not too late but we've been working on an app that might solve your problem.

The app is called Better Shipping and is currently in beta. It can be found here http://apps.shopify.com/better-shipping in the Shopify App Store.

Better Shipping allows you to set the delivery rate for individual products (and also on a zip/post code basis).

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions - support@atomyard.com.

support@atomyard.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
133 0 40

That app sounds awesome. I am definitely going download that app right now and check it out. Our customers have been asking for this for awhile now. 

Thanks for letting us know!

Thanks,

Ewa
Shopify Guru | ewa@shopify.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I've downloaded the Better Shipping app and it's great - but what I really need is an app that will let me specify shipping rates by product by shipping method.

Meaning XYZ product - UPS Ground $5.00

XYZ product - UPS Next Day Air $25.00

XYZ product - UPS 2 day air $20.00 and so on.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
83 0 21

I have added your name to Shopify's Epic Wants list so if they add this feature you will be notified.

Ewa, please add my name, too. Any idea if/when this will become Shopify native functionality?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
133 0 40

Hi Colin,

I have added your vote to the Epic Wants list for this feature! 

Thanks,

Ewa
Shopify BD Manager | ewa@shopify.com
24/7: 1-888-746-7439

Shopify 101 Webinar - Getting Started

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi Ewa, please add my name to the list too for this functionality. Right now I've upgraded my account to real-time shipping which I'm currently using for domestic shipping. However, I've had to turn off international shipping since I can't select which products can be shipped internationally. To have this functionality would increase sales for my store.

0 Likes
Highlighted
11 0 0

Add me to this list to Ewa. Right now I offer free shipping on orders over $49 but want to be able to exclude items that are heavy weight. Not being able to do this is limiting my ability to offer certain products on my website. All that needs to happen is a second criteria for weight, to exclude items over a certain weight.

0 Likes