Percentage Discount Code on an Item

Highlighted
6 0 0

We want to offer our customers 100% off an item(quantity = 1) of their choice.  I am failing at finding the solution to this.  Does anyone have any ideas?

FOR ex - If customer choose 5 quantity of a product, they get 100% discount on 1 quantity and pay full price for 4 quantities. 

Is it possible in Shopify? If not, then are there any free apps available to support this?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3039 227 496

Hi @ap123,

Nick here from Shopify. 

You can do this native on Shopify or via some apps. The apps might have more features to them, but a BUY X GET Y is still possible natively. Shopify has a guide going through all the steps for how to do this here

Should you want to go the app route, there are several types of these apps and many with a free plan. I found some of the highest-rated apps with free plans and this feature and shared them with you below:

Do you think any of these could work for you? 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
43 0 0

this is completely doable without apps, just click discounts > buy x get y > and fill out your requirements ;)

Screen Shot 2020-06-25 at 11.46.01 AM.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
6 0 0

I should have mentioned that the requirement also applies if 1 item is purchased. The need is to have a code that applies 100% discount only on 1 quantity regardless of number of quantities added in the cart. Buy X Get Y requires minimum of 1 purchase which doesnt meet our needs. If you know of any apps that could satisfy this particular need, please recommend.

This is how it goes. 

1 quantity of ItemA = 100% off

2 quantities of ItemA = 100% off on 1 quantity

3 quantities of ItemA = 100% off on 1 quantity

4 quantities of ItemA = 100% off on 1 quantity

0 Likes