Persistent quantity discounts on recurring orders

Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

Hoping this awesome community can help with a tricky problem my store is dealing with regarding bulk quantity pricing and recurring orders. My store, www.myofficebites.com, offers a subscription snack delivery service that helps people form healthy snacking habits in the workplace (note: all products currently show as sold out, as we’re gearing up for our launch). We use ReCharge to process the recurring orders, and would like to implement bulk pricing, i.e. order 2 boxes and get 8% off, order 3 and get 12% off, etc, and have this discount be persistent on all recurring orders.

There are a few issues we’ve run into. First is quantity discount, which seems well discussed in this community and a continuing source of frustration for many. It appears only possible via apps with the version of Shopify we’re using (note: apparently quite easy with the more expensive, fully customizable version of the platform). This is well and good; however, the tricky part is getting these discounted prices to be the recurring price within ReCharge. It appears that with some development work, we can have the discount print be the initial price, but the regular (non-discounted) price will be the persistent recurring price thereafter.

ReCharge offers the following solutions via their resources section: http://support.rechargepayments.com/article/511-quantity-discounts

The first of these solutions appears to be the best option. Essentially, remove the default “quantity” selector and replace it with a Variant named “quantity” with different pricing levels. This would be great, and I may be letting perfect be the enemy of good enough here, but an issue then presents if a customer wants to change the number of boxes ordered at some point during their subscription. To do this with the above solution in ReCharge, rather than change the quantity in the normal area (very straightforward task), they’d have to switch the product out altogether (more convoluted task), as different variants are different products. If this is the best solution, and the one we have to go with, we can always create some messaging around how to make this vairant swap possible. BUT, wanted to see if anyone had run into this issue before and has a more elegant solution! Many thanks in advance for your help!

Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 0

We're having the same issue. We use ReCharge for our subscriptions and offer a 5% discount for recurring orders. We also want to offer quantity discounts that work with the ReCharge discounts. Has anyone found a way to make this work?

0 Likes