Petition for USPS Scan Form

2 0 1
Hi everyone!

I have been selling on shopify for almost 3 years now and shopify still has yet to make the addition of a scan form for USPS. This has made it almost impossible to run my business as I’m sure so many of you are also experiencing. USPS employees will no longer accept drop offs for large amounts of packages and I am lucky enough to have a good relationship with them where they are willing to accept my 50+ orders a day, however they are growing very tired of scanning each individual package especially when I sometimes have 200+ packages. This is absolutely ridiculous on Shopify’s end and I am considering switching e-commerce platforms because of this. The only solution they have provided is to use shippo or shippingeasy which in my opinion both suck. The platforms are slow to use when you’re shipping large amounts and are not nearly as intuitive and functional as Shopify’s label feature.

I am demanding that shopify make the addition of a scan form to their platform, otherwise I will be switching e-commerce platforms and taking my business elsewhere. Why should we continue to support shopify when they clearly do not care about their customers to add such a simple feature. This is way overdue.

Please leave a comment if you also agree that shopify NEEDS to add this feature for us!
1 Like
Community Manager
Community Manager
2297 153 316

Hi @Veiledco,

Nick here from Shopify. 

Thank you for your post and feedback. As you mentioned this is not a current feature of Shopify and I can see from your message how valuable it would be and how much time it would save you with your orders. As you also touched on, there are workarounds in place through third-party apps right now. 

Because of all this, I will mention it to our development team as a potential feature request for the future. 

Thank you for reaching out and giving your feedback. It's feedback like this which let us know what store owners such as yourself are thinking about and looking for to make your businesses more efficient. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
1 0 0

Have you been able to come up with a workaround?  We are having the same issues.  

0 Likes
2 0 1
Nope. Shopify hasn’t done anything any there are tons of sellers who have the same issue. Absolutely ridiculous. I currently have set up package pick ups with my carrier at USPS but without a scan form they still have to scan each package individually and we don’t have a record of them all getting scanned during pick up. It’s a mess.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 5

I might be a little late on this thread, but I wanted to give you all a head's up in case you're still struggling with this... I have been searching for the same solution for quite some time, and have been pretty disappointed to see that only paid app options are available through Shopify. I'm with all of you in that this is a BASIC functionality that shouldn't require us to pay an outside app developer a monthly fee to be able to print a sheet of paper. But I digress...

Just now, I found that PirateShip (https://apps.shopify.com/pirate-ship) links with your shopify store and makes it easy to create the SCAN forms. They have the same rates as Shopify, but they don't charge to use the service. I am just getting my shop up and running so I haven't had to process a TON of orders, but I wanted to let you all know about this option! Hope it helps someone else looking around for this!!

0 Likes