Phishing email suspected - Tried to get CC info to "update billing" on Shopify account

Highlighted
1 0 0

FYI, today I got an email that was cloned to look like it came from Shopify saying my CC was invalid and a bill was due.

Phishing email received today came from sender "billing@shopify.email.com" instead from the correct email: billing@shopify.com

The only reason I noticed it was off was because it was sent to a different email than my usual billing and the URL on the link sent (which was also made to look like it came from Shopify) was noticeably different while loading but everything else looked like it came from Shopify. I've already informed customer service at Shopify but they did not seem to care at all, just letting others know what happened in case they google this or have a similar email come through. 

The Email subject line said "Failed to validate your billing information." 

And it said this "Another attempt to process your bill of $79.99 USD for August, 2020 Has failed. We'll try again today. If we can't process the payment by August 17,2020 your account will be permanently frozen, this means your customers won't be able to place orders"

They did a really good job making it appear like it came from Shopfiy and they selected the most common pricing package most Shopify websites have. Attached are screenshots for reference so you can make sure you don't get screwed by these scammers. BEWARE.

shopify phishing email received from billing@shopify.email.comshopify phishing email received from billing@shopify.email.comreal shopify email example from shopify.comreal shopify email example from shopify.comshopify phishing email link while loadingshopify phishing email link while loadingCloned Shopify Phisihing site URL and appearanceCloned Shopify Phisihing site URL and appearance

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I also received this today, it is very close to a Shopify email. 

0 Likes