Photo Editor

Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 3

Good Evening Community,

Can someone explain why I can't edit with text anymore on product photos? I would place the name of my store as a watermark on the photos to prevent a copy and paste usage or make images where they couldn't do a reverse search and end up seeing the product on Ali express. If removed, Why? Does anyone have a solution or another procedure where I can edit or protect my images? Thank you.

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
400 25 115

Hi, @High5iveBargain

Rae from Shopify here. Thanks for reaching out with this question!

Our built-in image editor has changed recently to no longer include the feature that allowed for adding additional text or watermarks to images. I understand that this feature was important to many businesses on our platform, so I appreciate you reaching out with this feedback. I will be sure to share your thoughts with our developers so that they're aware of this limitation, and how it's affecting your business. In the meantime though, we can certainly look into using apps to add watermarks and text to your product images instead. A few options that work well for this are Easy Watermarks or Awesome Image Optimizer

However, if you are also looking to prevent visitors from copying and sharing your images elsewhere, there are quite a few apps that can disable this function on Shopify sites. Check out the full list of apps that offer this functionality here

I also wanted to share some more information about our new image editor and the features it includes. Our new editor can crop and resize images, as well as change the orientation of an image, and this editor also offers a 'draw' feature that can be used to add lines and designs to images. To see the full functionality of our new image editor explained, please open this link

This information should get you on the right track, but if you have any other questions or concerns, please let me know! 

Rae | Social Care @ Shopify
Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center, or the Shopify Blog.

0 Likes
Highlighted

I think Super watermarks application solve your problem well and It's free
You can get it here: https://apps.shopify.com/super-watermark

1 Like