Pick up at store issue.

Highlighted
2 0 0

Yes Miles, you were helpful. However, I am another shop that would like my express payout customers to be able to select local pick-up !!!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
308 26 65

Hi, @wccrane51!

Thanks for letting me know you're keen on this feature as well. I've added your details to our current feedback feature request. We're aware of the current limitations with this and our team is looking to implement this in future. I cannot guarantee a timeframe for this at the moment, but I encourage you to read through my previous replies on this thread for possible workarounds. If those workarounds are not suitable, please let me know so we can work together and try to find a way around this issue for you.

Thanks!

Miles | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1

Hi Miles,

Our issue is related to these issues but a little bit different - We have two options for customers to get their orders - local delivery and shipping. When customers use an accelerated shipping method they only see shipping. We would like them to see both options regardless of how they pay. Why are these issues occurring with accelerated pay? How can we fix it?

We are not using a 3rd party app for delivery.

thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
308 26 65

Hi, @dontyacant!

Thanks for letting me know you're having the same issues. At this stage, both local pickup and local delivery are not supported with Accelerated Checkout. If the customer chooses an accelerated checkout method other than Shop Pay in the first step of the checkout, then the delivery option is not available. If the customer pays using Apple Pay, Google Pay, Amazon Pay, or PayPal, they will only see the option for the main delivery selection.

I'd also like to note that this is a known limitation and not a bug, so I've passed on your feedback to the team to consider. I think it makes sense to offer all options using accelerated checkouts, so I'm behind you 100%. Passing on this feedback for you won't guarantee a change will occur, but as I mentioned earlier, the more feedback we get on things that Shopify does not offer, the higher chance it will be considered.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi - I am having a similar problem, but I don't know if it's coming through Apple Pay or what.  My local pick up options are turned off, but some customers still get the option for pick up and then don't pay shipping - this is costing me a lot of money.  Here is an example Screen Shot 2020-11-16 at 12.48.59 PM.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
308 26 65

Hi, @WildBeeBoutique!

Thanks for sending through the screenshot. It looks like an app called CommentSold is responsible for this one. CommentSold is a non-supported third-party app, so I'm not sure of what the app does, but looking at that timeline, it looks like the order was placed via that app. Do you have shipping set up in there at all? If so, you may need to remove the shipping options displayed in there, as it looks like Local Pickup was added as a note. If you're not sure how to remove or update that, my best advice would be to reach our directly to them for assistance.

It's also worth noting that the payment processor also seems to be CommentSold, so I can see no indication of whether this was paid via Apple Pay or another method.

I'd be interested to see how this pans out, so please feel free to let me know by replying to this thread so other people with the same issue can also resolve this on their end. If CommentSold advises you that they are unable to fix this, please also let me know then, and I'll be able to take a deeper look into this for you.

Thanks!

0 Likes