Pick up notification showing wrong message

Jessicaly
2 0 0

Hey there,

The message my customers receive when their order is ready (the message they get when you click  "send pick up notification") is completely different to what my message actually says - it's showing an old message even though on my end the copy ins completely different. Please can any help?

Thank you in advance! 

Jessica

0 Likes
Rae
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
732 39 225

Hi, @Jessicaly

This is Rae from Shopify. 

To clarify, did you edit this notification directly in your Shopify admin under 'Settings > Notifications > Ready for pickup'? If so, your old notification may be sending to customers due to the way your location is set up. To double check this, please follow these steps: 

1. Log in to your Shopify admin 
  2. Click 'Settings' 
  3. Click 'Locations' 
  4. Click on your location 
  5. Scroll down to the 'Order ready for pickup notification' section 
  6. In the 'Pickup instructions' box, make sure the text here matches the information added under 'Settings > Notifications > Ready for pickup' 
  7. Click 'Save' 

Once these sections match with your updated information, the correct notification should be sent out to your customers.

With this in mind, if you ever need to update this information again, it's important to ensure that the text in both of the areas mentioned above match. Otherwise, the information in the 'Pickup instructions' box under your location will be sent to customers, and overwrite anything written in the 'Settings > Notifications > Ready for pickup' section of your admin. 

Let me know how this goes, and if updating both of these areas resolves things on your end! 

Rae | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Jessicaly
2 0 0

Hey Rae,

Thanks for your response!

When I click on "Settings", then "Location", there is no option for Pick up notification?

Once I click in to location, the only segments are "Details" and "Address"

Thanks,

Jessica

0 Likes
Rae
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
732 39 225

Hi, @Jessicaly

Thanks so much for getting back to me, and for trying out the steps I previously shared. 

There's one final place in your admin where different pickup instructions might be listed. To double check this, just follow these steps

1. Log in to your Shopify admin 
  2. Click 'Settings' 
  3. Click 'Shipping and delivery' 
  4. Under 'Local pickup', click 'Manage' beside your location 
  5. Check to make sure the details listed under 'Order ready for pickup notification' match what's shown in the 'Settings > Notifications > Ready for pickup' section of your admin

Let me know if you're able to see this field and edit the details correctly! 

Rae | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes