I'm not sure if I am doing something wrong. I just tested your sample
store. Once I get to checkout the first thing it asks is a shipping
address???
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
134 4 14

Hi Liam,

That's because it's my development store, I just installed the app to show the option, you always need a billing address to be added to the order.

Kind Regards,

Thomas.

0 Likes
Excursionist
11 0 16
On looking at it again, I see you need to select it on the product page. If
a customer is placing an order of, say 20 different items, I guess they
need to do it on each product? Also the fact I missed the pickup option on
the product page the first time means the UI need a tweak?
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
134 4 14

Why are you attacking me? I just told you it's a development store, I don't need to tweak anything on there, you can check the official demo store if you want.

further more there is the option to change the selected shipping option on the cart page, just not enabled.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
134 4 14

Hi Mountain_Madnes

you don't need my app for 1 location.

If you want it to only display on the cart page you could make this but only if you have a developer in house

you will need to add a dropdown on the cart page (pickup / ship to me), and add the selected option to every product in the cart as a line_item property, then create a shipping carrierservice app that can check the line items if a pickup is selected and add a free shipping option.

Kind Regards,

Thomas Lang.

0 Likes
Excursionist
11 0 16
Not attacking just providing you feedback.
2 Likes
Shopify Partner
134 4 14

I appreciate any good input to improve the app! but please then just do a trial install and really try it out, it hurts my feelings when someone looks for 20 seconds and starts critiquing my app where I spent so many days and nights on it :)

also I'm happy to help on any customization you need, and have some javacript events you can hook in to to extend functionality

0 Likes
Excursionist
11 0 16
I understand, However I was trying it out as a customer and how my customer
would experience it. And 20 seconds is more time than a customer would ever
give it.
3 Likes
Explorer
50 0 27

@Thomas_Lang1 wrote:

Hi Mountain_Madnes

you don't need my app for 1 location.

If you want it to only display on the cart page you could make this but only if you have a developer in house

you will need to add a dropdown on the cart page (pickup / ship to me), and add the selected option to every product in the cart as a line_item property, then create a shipping carrierservice app that can check the line items if a pickup is selected and add a free shipping option.

Kind Regards,

Thomas Lang.

Thomas, there is clear demand for a simple local pickup for orders (search this discussion group to see how many people have been talking about it for the last 6 years).  All of the apps are overly complicated.  We don't need location maps, zip code proximity, calendars for pickup dates, etc, we just need the following:

On the cart page, have a checkbox for Local In-Store Pickup.

If the box is checked, on the checkout page have a Local In-Store Pickup rate of free selected

If the box is not checked, on the checkout page do not have a Local In-Store Pickup rate and instead show the standard shipping rates

If you built this, you could easily charge a reasonable $5 to $9 per month and a lot of people here would pay it.

5 Likes
Shopify Partner
134 4 14

Allright, for this to work you will need to have the shipping carrier service enabled, if you have shopify basic or advanced you need to switch to a yearly plan (and get a 10% discount) other plans have it enabled by default. would this be something you would consider to get this working?

0 Likes