Pick up option

1 0 0
Hi. Is there a pick up option before check out? It seems shoplift doesn’t have a build it pick up option and you have to involve another app in? That is this App and anyone knows how to do it? We do bread so ideally we only want pick up option showing rather than confuse customers with delivery option Cô we don’t do delivery at all. Many thanks
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
552 31 66

Hey, @Mayxin !

Katy here from Shopify. I hope all is well with you and welcome to our Community.

Within the shipping settings of your admin, while there is no default 'pick up' option, you can certainly create this. What you can do here is create a shipping zone - for your location for example, and then add a rate which includes 'free shipping'. We have more info on this here.  You can also customize the title for this rate to suit your business for example "Pickup in Store".

20-47-zogjb-ebtyd

As you will only be offering a collection option, you can then also disable the need for a shipping address. Your users then will only need to add a billing address which is associated with their method of payment.

This can be done in your: Admin > Settings > Checkout > Order Processing like so:

20-32-pcjj2-e2phc

You may also like to let your customers know that you do not deliver. Our guide above goes through ways to display this on your store, in the form of a banner for example.

Once you have all of this set up, I then recommend to place a test order on your store, to ensure it is functioning as you would like it to.

I hope this helps, though if you have any questions do feel free to let me know.

Cheers,
Katy

Katy | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Tourist
7 0 3

KATY,

Respectfully, this is a very poor way to implement this. I have a lot of Ecommerce experience, as we have been selling online for the last 17 years.  I clearly understand what you're recommending and how to implement this as a manual shipping option, but this causes a major issue. By creating a $0 pick up manual shipping option, it lists it as the first shipping option. With this set up, you are going to have a large percentage of customers that choose this by mistake when they really want their order shipped. I understand there are apps that may do what I want, but I would argue this should be a basic shopify function instead of us paying $400 a year for an app to provide this basic function.

0 Likes