Pick up option

Explorer
41 1 25

That will certainly improve the app!  Hopefully that will make an easy and cost effective way to accomplish this for people.  The $30 per month app is just unrealistic for such a simple feature.  Something more like $5/mn (with possible upsells for other features) would be more marketable.  Maybe $10/mn. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 4

We have a manual shipping method for picking up at our store ($0). I use the following JavaScript code in the Additional Google Analytics JavaScript field (found in preferences) and it works for us (Venture theme) as it selects the first non-zero shipping method on the shipping page. We still have an issue with Apple Pay as this code has no effect on accelerated checkouts.

function simulateClick(t){var e,n=document.getElementById(t);document.createEvent&&(e=document.createEvent("MouseEvents"),e.initMouseEvent("click",!0,!0,window,0,0,0,0,0,!1,!1,!1,!1,0,null)),e?n.dispatchEvent(e):n.click&&n.click()}function getFirstNonZeroShipping(t){for(var e=document.getElementsByClassName(t),n=0;n<e.length;n++){var i=e[n].getAttribute("data-checkout-total-shipping-cents");if(i>0)return e[n].getAttribute("id")}}if("object"==typeof Checkout&&"function"==typeof Checkout.$){var shippingId=getFirstNonZeroShipping("input-radio"),button=document.getElementById(shippingId);simulateClick(shippingId),button.focus()}
1 Like
Explorer
41 1 25

That is an interesting fix.  But doesn't this then render free shipping options as not preselected as well?

0 Likes
Tourist
7 0 4
Correct, that is an unfortunate downside but the only plausible solution
for us right now.
0 Likes
Explorer
50 0 29

@Helper_Tools wrote:
Hello Kyle,

Like I mentioned, I'll be making an update to my app so it will no longer use the coupon field, therefore it will be left free for use.
I'll be using the same method you mentioned where it adds a store pick up product to the cart as well.
The app's price will remain unchanged.

I'm looking forward to trying this out when you get to this point.  As I've mentioned before, the coupon code is a deal breaker for us, but if you can figure out another way that works consistently well we will happily pay $4.99/month for the app.

1 Like
7 0 0
Hello,

I've released the update to the app (https://apps.shopify.com/simple-in-store-pick-up) today. The app will now require you to create a shipping rate on install, but other than that it should work without anything else from you.

Let me know how it's working out for you.
0 Likes
1 0 1

HT, your app looks great. (Unfortunately?) I am using Infinite Options as well in my store and the 2 don't seem to work well together. From my very basic understanding, IO uses drafts to create orders and your free shipping appears to override those drafts which then deletes any options my customers have selected. And, I'm guessing IO then messes with your app because when I would get to the checkout screen I would be presented with "no shipping options available" and I was not able to proceed with payment. Sorry, I really liked your app otherwise. Very easy to install and use.

1 Like
2 0 0

hi...I just added the rate and it worked, but it comes after the customer enters their shipping address. Is there a way to have the option for "in store pick up" prior to entering a home address?

0 Likes
7 0 0
Hi!

I'm afraid that is not possible as Shopify doesn't allow us (partner developers) to edit the checkout process at all.

The app should autofill the shipping information with your store's location though. So it shouldn't be too confusing for the customer. They only need to fill in their name and phone numbers.

Hope that helps!
0 Likes
2 0 0

Hi! You may have to add a third party app to get all the flexibility you want to offer in-store pickup. Take a look at ShipperHQ - you can easily manage your pickup locations and show it as a delivery option right at checkout.

0 Likes