Pick up option

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
9 0 2
Hi,
At the moment it can't be removed when going back to cart page, but this will be added in the near future.

If you'd like me set it up for your store, please email me with your store myshopify domain and I'll take care of it for you.

-HT
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 2

@Helper_Tools wrote:
Hi,
At the moment it can't be removed when going back to cart page, but this will be added in the near future.

If you'd like me set it up for your store, please email me with your store myshopify domain and I'll take care of it for you.

-HT

I got it working, thank you!

My question was how you made the other carrier services disappear on pickup. Is it same because of the condition that must be added in the rate for this to work?

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

But the app assumes this is free service. So here is my problem. We are a small farmer's market going on-line with a pickup day, currently one day a week. We want to charge $5 for all under $30 for a variety of reasons that are particularly relevant to the discussion. It's the boards policy but the problem is that when I put shipping charge of $5.00 and set maximum to $29.99 requires a shipping address which is irrelevant. Store pickup feature assumes its free and its not. Solutions anyone? We go live 4 May. And I am not a coder, just a poor volunteer who by brute force has figured out most everything I need. And as we are not for profit, paying big bucks for an app is not in the funding. We are already hunting for the monthly fees for Shopify and the MultiVendor app we need. Thanks.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
153 4 26

have you seen this? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

What did you do to add a pickup option then.  I agree Shopify should look at the zip code or other perimeters

to be able to set this.
0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

Could this be solved with a coupon that would allow free shipping for local customers only?? I have a lot of customers that will place the order and then pick it up.  There has to be a fix for this.  I think that a zip code may do the trick?

@Nick_Coppins2 wrote:

Agree with Jason & Liam here. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

Will this book help someone that does not do coding?  

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

Customers are not prompted to pick shipping.  So they will fly right by this and if they are across the country then that makes the business have to contact them and get payment for shipping.  Something has to be done to correct this.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Pickup is ALWAYS set for free by Shopify. Pickup for us is NOT free. It is $5.00 for all orders under $30. And pickup is not a time frame (hours or days) but a specific day of the week. I can't figure out a work around for this AND we cannot afford $30/month for an app that is way more complicated than we need. We do not ship. We only do pickup. Thanks for the reply though.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0
Has anyone had success following the prompts in this video. When I go to settings/shipping, pickup isn’t even an available option to enable. It’s just not there.
Is it only available to Shopify plus?
0 Likes