Pick up option

Shopify Partner
134 4 14

Not sure if I asked before, are you on the basic plan or advanced? if you are on basic you can ask shopify to switch your plan to a yearly paid basic plan, and ask them to enable the carrierservice API, this way apps can add shipping options.

My app let's customers check a pickup location from one of your locations, then at checkout a free shipping option is added called pickup in store.

if you have monthly basic you can select to atuomatically add a free shipping discount code (which is not ideal but the only solution) 

My app that supports pickup as well:

https://apps.shopify.com/product-inventory-information

0 Likes
6 0 0

I'm on Basic monthly. So if I switch to Basic yearly, your app can be used?

@Thomas_Lang1 wrote:

Not sure if I asked before, are you on the basic plan or advanced? if you are on basic you can ask shopify to switch your plan to a yearly paid basic plan, and ask them to enable the carrierservice API, this way apps can add shipping options.

My app let's customers check a pickup location from one of your locations, then at checkout a free shipping option is added called pickup in store.

if you have monthly basic you can select to atuomatically add a free shipping discount code (which is not ideal but the only solution) 

My app that supports pickup as well:

https://apps.shopify.com/product-inventory-information

0 Likes
6 0 0

I was at Shopify HQ in San Francisco recently and suggested that they add stacked discounts, e.g., free shipping + a % off. Pretty much fell on deaf ears/

@MountainMadness wrote:

@Tommy_TJDThat would work, but is limited in application.  Most Shopify stores use discount codes for other reasons and when you enter a new discount code at checkout, it wipes out the previously applied discount code.  At least 75% of our online transactions have a discount code already applied by the time the customer gets to checkout.  Maybe some day Shopify will allow the stacking of discount codes.......

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
134 4 14

Correct, you can best contact shopify support, tell them you need the shopify carrierservice API to add shipping options. Then they will offer you to add it for $15 a month (I think, not sure) or offer you to enable it for free if you switch to a yearly plan (which also gives you a 10% discount on your normal monthly bill)

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
134 4 14

You can also try it on this test store: https://pakjegemak.myshopify.com/collections/frontpage/products/test-product

If you add the product with a pickup option, you will see in store pickup as a free option, if you add another product and select ship to me, the free pickup shipping option is gone.

0 Likes
Explorer
50 0 24

@Thomas_Lang1  Does your app have the ability to not have to select store pickup at the product level and instead select it for the entire cart?  We definitely would not want customers to have to choose something additional on an item-by-item basis.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
134 4 14

We have this functionality run on some stores custom (select pickup on cart page), but it's not by default selectable to ONLY display it there. although this actually sounds like a good idea! I'll add it on the roadmap for next week and let you know when it's live

0 Likes
1 0 0

I'm in the US, and I set up two (domestic) shipping zones - one for my state with a Local Pickup option, and one for all of the other states with no local pickup option. We will see if that cuts down on people choosing the wrong thing - it will have to!

0 Likes
Explorer
50 0 24

@Julianne_WaltheWe tried that exact same thing and it did help some.  But not enough to make it worthwhile.  We still had enough people choosing the free In-store Pickup who needed it shipped that we had to deal with that we ended up removing the option and have gone back to the old "put in the notes that you want in-store pickup and we'll refund you shipping" method. 

0 Likes
6 0 0

Hello Thomas,

I added the carrierservice api. Where can I get your app so I can add the pick-up option to my site? Thanks.

0 Likes