Pick up option

6 0 0

Hi (again),

I downloaded your app and asked for assistance with the set-up several times. No response. If that the customer service I can expect, I'm going to cancel.

Tommy

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
133 4 14
Hi tommy,

I’ve had had no requests sorry, can u use the live chat or email me at info@tom-it.nl?

Are you sure you installed my app? https://apps.shopify.com/product-inventory-information

0 Likes
Tourist
10 0 5

@Max_old wrote:

Hi, Melissa.

This is Martha from the Shopify Guru Team.

One of the easiest ways to make a shipping rate for local pick up or pick up in-store is to create a new manual rate within the relevant Zone

Learn more about Manual Rates here, and review the method for creating a Price-based rate here.

Usually, adding a Price-based rate is the simplest solution. This means, going to Settings > Shipping and clicking Edit beside the relevant Zone!

• Choose Add rate,
  • enter in the Name
  • and price Range (something like min $0, max $no limit)
  • and then Save!

You'll want to choose a title that would make sense to your customers at the checkout stage. So, if they live locally they can know pick up is an option, and if they are not local, they won't choose the free rate.

If you have any further questions or need some clarification, please feel free to reach out to us again.

Cheers, 
Martha 

Respectfully, I have a lot of Ecommerce experience, as we have been selling online for the last 17 years. This is a very poor way to implement this. I clearly understand how to implement this as a manual shipping option, but this causes a major issue. By creating a $0 pick up manual shipping option, it lists it as the first shipping option. With this set up, you are going to have a large percentage of customers that choose this by mistake. I understand there are apps that may do what I want, but I would argue this should be a basic shopify function instead of us paying $400 a year for an app to provide this basic function.

1 Like
Excursionist
11 0 15
Martha, if you read the previous comments you will understand why this is
not a workable solution.
0 Likes
Tourist
10 0 5

There is another major issue with not having a built in pick up option.

When you have a customer pick up an order in your store, regardless of their billing and shipping address, you need to charge in state tax.

If you just set pick up as a manual shipping option, there is no way to force tax collection if the customer has an out of state bill to  or ship to address.

0 Likes
6 0 0
Done. Thanks much Martha.
0 Likes
Tourist
3 0 0

Hey Shopify!  You hearing this???  I have a Brick & Mortar and need this too please...

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
6 0 13
I don't believe Shopify is interested in adding basic functionality to
their platform at all.

>From a business perspective, it probably doesn't make much sense, as it
would potentially alienate their developer base.

It's the only explanation I can think of, because this and other very basic
features / options continue to be left out of their platform.
0 Likes
1 0 0

My main issue with the shipping rate being set to Local-Pickup Only is that then these customers still get an email saying, "Your package is on the way" once it's fulfilled.  It's very confusing for them and they assume I've mailed it.  I've edited all the options available to me and played with them for days and it makes no difference.  I'm considering leaving shopify for another platform.  Does anyone have any experience with another platform they would recommend?  The in-store pickup is going to be a deal breaker for my brick and mortar.  TIA

0 Likes
Tourist
3 0 1

I'm totally frustrated by my shopify website.

At checkout, even if you select pick up in store, it STILL asks the client for a shipping address before proceeding to checkout. WHAT??? Can anyone help with this please? Surely the customer would like to select product, go to checkout, select delivery option and then proceed to the details. It's all the wrong way around. I've asked Shopify to put a pop up note on my checkout apologising for the confusion and blaming them directly. 

Shopify needs to start looking after it's small businesses and offering solutions.  Perhaps they are getting greedy?...

1 Like