Pickup at location not display at checkout

Fishyfeet
Visitor
1 0 1

I want to be able for customer to pickup order at the location (store), only this means no shipping option.  after i have set location for pickup and select pickup option under shipping setting. however, still have no pick up option display under checkout page. need some advice Please

Replies 15 (15)

FillGood
Tourist
3 0 3

Only one of my locations are displaying at the checkout.  I have 3 locations.  Did you find out how to fix this?

si-ecommadmin
Visitor
1 0 2

I have the same issue. Have 2 locations in the store both set up for In store pick up and Local delivery.
Pick up locations are not displayed on the checkout, only the location set as Default is displayed.
Any solutions?

nmeseth
Tourist
5 0 4

Me too, only 1 of 2 locations is showing in check-out. What is the solution here?

BR
Nicolas

nmeseth
Tourist
5 0 4

If it helps anyone: In our case it was a problem with a product not being in stock or not even available in the second location. When that happens, the second location is not shown as an option at check-out. In our case the problem was caused by the "Order & Product Fee" App by Margeworx, which creates virtual products (deposit for beverages in our case) when checking out. Unfortunately, the app doesn't support more than one location and the virtual product will always be available only for the default location.

HTH, Nicolas

DvV
Visitor
2 0 1

Hi @nmeseth,

Have you found a workaround/solution for this problem? 
We are also facing a similar issue with pickups and the "order & product fee" app. 

Please let me know how it went. 

Thanks,
Varenya

nmeseth
Tourist
5 0 4

Hi,

we did find a workaround, but not an easy one. We created a webhook trigger whenever a customer is at the checkout and a product fee has been generated. We then added the missing location(s) using a serverless function (triggered by the webhook) and the Shopify API. Unfortunately, in some cases this took too long, so we had to add an extra delay when the user clicked on "Proceed to checkout". 

While this works I wouldn't recommend this solution. It makes the checkout slower and is quite a overhead for such a simple problem.

I think the MargeWorx team should really update their app to support multiple locations.

Nicolas

DvV
Visitor
2 0 1

Hi Nicolas, 

Thank you so much for a quick response and the information. 

Varenya

betsyg
Visitor
1 0 0

Have been really struggling with this but have finally found an answer! FYI this solves the pickup option not showing:

From my Shopify support person:

Okay great - so one thing I notice is that there are also no shipping zones set up within your Shipping settings. So even though you aren't offering "Shipping rates", a shipping zone is required for customers to be eligible for any of your shipping, delivery, or pickup options, no matter what they choose

You can find then under Settings > Shipping and delivery and click on the Manage rates link near the top

Even if there are no rates there, you will still need to activate a Shipping zone so that customers with addresses within that zone will be able to complete checkout - it's just a way to tell the system who you're going to accept orders from. Within the Local Delivery settings, you can specify which locations you want to Deliver to, but for Local Pickup, you'll notice there is no settings to manage who can select Pickup, so the eligible locations will come directly from the Shipping Zones set under General rates

This is a tricky fix, since it doesn't sound like you'd need a shipping zone to offer Pickup, but in reality we do

unnamed.png

Hope this helps people!

Nasa
Tourist
4 0 1

None of these solutions have worked - shopify can you fix this?

Anya2020
Visitor
1 0 0

In my case, I set both "Pick up" and several shipping methods. The problem is when you click "check out", the page jumps to "shipping" directly, so from there, one can only choose one from the shipping methods (See the screenshot below).

Screen Shot 2020-12-14 at 9.42.51 AM.png

The interesting is that, if you click the "Return to information" on the bottom left, you'll go to the step where you can choose between "Ship" (default) and "Pick up" (See the screenshot below). Choose "Pick up" and then continue, problem solved.

Screen Shot 2020-12-14 at 9.41.34 AM.png

Clearly, it doesn't make sense to tell your customers to "return" first in order to have the "pick up" function. 

Does anyone have the same issue?

GreywoodDigital
Visitor
1 0 0

Multiple locations are still not showing, even have several shops. Any guides on setting this up correctly? 

philkuona
Visitor
2 0 0

philkuona_0-1615181477360.png

You need to go through each of your products. Not sure if there is a way to bulk edit but you need to update inventory location for each product. 

I hope that helps

Klen12
Visitor
1 0 0

i have the answer I believe, if you go to your products. Click the product you want available at the locations. Scroll down and in my case I hit *edit next to my variant. Select edit country / region of origin and add the country your locations are in. I hope this helps!!!

poasty36
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

Does anyone have an answer from Shopify on this?? It was working and then it stopped. We do use a delivery and pickup date app so not sure if there’s some kind of conflict happening. Shopify should let merchants choose if they want to display certain pickup locations at checkout regardless of inventory. This is so crazy. This particular stores inventory is fine. The option just stopped working for some reason. And Shopify should have more technical support advisors up front so merchants don’t have to wait days and lose money over it. 

poasty36
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

We found the specific answer for our case, it was actually the fee product was not available for pickup in both locations. This store needs a fee attached to every order. Apologies for any confusion.