Pictures that are being pull from another website

Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1

Hello!

I was wondering if any one could help me.....

I copy pasted MANY pages of my website in shopify from squarespace,because all there pictures were copy paste and not uploaded in shopify, when I close squarespace all the images are going to get deleted therefore the url is no longer going to work an so the pictures wont show. Is there any way or any app that would automatically save all the pictures from my website in Shopify (the ones that were copy paste from squarespace) directly in my shopify file section so that the images are no longer link to squarespace but to shopify? I don't want to have to manually upload all the pictures and then relinked them to the files.... any help would be highly appreciated!

THANK YOU!!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

I dont think there is an app that will parse your live store and add assets into Shopify for you - however I could be wrong.

The genral workflow of shopify is to add media, then use it in your store.

Can you explain how you copy / pasted your squarespace site into shopify? Thats not really how shopify works so I am sure I am just miss understanding what you mean.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1
Ok I see.

I literally copy paste all the information from one place to another but
now my images are being hosted by Squarespace in Shopify, I need to
transfer all images into Shopify.
0 Likes
Highlighted

@Jetlag_ModeYup - you need to make the transfer. Once you close your squarespace shop - those images will no longer be hosted.

If you want to avoid this in the future - you could always host the images on a third party provider - than just drop your links in for images where you need.

You would get less management / visibility compared to uploading through shopify - but you get more control.

0 Likes