Pixel Problem

themrcod
1 0 0

Hello I just want to ask help with my shopify store. I try to setup my facebook pixel for my store but I don't have the option to paste my facebook pixel there It only shows "set up facebook"  option. Can someone help me with this please ? 

It only shows "set up facebook" optionIt only shows "set up facebook" option 

0 Likes
Oliver
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
411 45 75

Hi, @themrcod !

The process of adding the Facebook Pixel has very recently changed. Prior to Friday September 4 2020, merchants could input a Facebook Pixel ID in Online Store > Preferences. This is no longer possible, but for merchants who had a Facebook Pixel ID entered in this field, this will continue to function. Merchants will now set up their Facebook pixel in the Facebook channel. If you go to it's old home in Online Store > Preferences, you will see this button redirecting you to the Facebook channel to set up the pixel.

All the best!

Oliver | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
itaytabibi
1 0 0

Hey!

I did as you say and had redirected to the Facebook channel to set up the pixel.

I have set it all up and unfortunately Pixel steel not working.

do you have ant other solution? or maybe there is something I missing?

Thanks.

0 Likes
Oliver
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
411 45 75

Hi, @itaytabibi !

Sorry to hear you're having some trouble getting your Facebook Pixel setup. First, let's do some troubleshooting together so we can determine the scope of what we're dealing with here.

First and foremost, what theme are you using and how long ago was it installed? Second, try following these steps to determine if the pixel is indeed properly installed:

• navigate to a product page on your site - domain.tld/products/product-handle
  • open Chrome developer tools and go to the Network tab- alt + command + j is a shortcut
  • from the product page, click the three dots (hamburger menu) at the top right, and then choose search
  • search for trekkie.load and select the last one in the list
  • scroll through the results - you'll see Facebook Pixel and then various Pixel ID(s)
  • If the Facebook Pixel ID is listed here, it's been installed correctly

Hope to hear from you soon so we can continue to look into this together! 

Oliver | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
ALILA
1 0 1

Hi

This is not helpful at all.

Because the pixel created by Shopify doesn't match the one on Facebook. 

When you go on FB to pay for ads it says "pixel is not active" - and both need to be the same.

CaseyAustralia
1 0 0

I have the exact same problem. The pixel ID in Shopify does not match the Pixel ID on my Facebook Ads. I have no idea how to proceed forward. I hope we can receive some further assistance on this? 

0 Likes