Plan and permissions have changed, my store is not built

spanishsorbet
Tourist
10 0 1

Hi there, 

I am an independent designer, I have lost my job as a scenographer and pretty much invested all my money into my new business.

I have been paying shopify the full fee and my website is not built, now it seems that the plan and permissions have changed so I can not pause and build. 

To be honest it is pretty frustrating that shopify customer center is not reachable directly. 

I would like to exercise my right to pause and build my website, it is definitely not fair to pay for services that I am not using. 

Can someone please get in touch , this is very frustrating.

Thanks, 

Alex

0 Likes
Peter
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
2025 163 437

Hi, @spanishsorbet

I'm sorry to hear that you've been having trouble connecting with our support. For future reference, we have 24/7 support available on chats, phones, and social media. You can contact our support through our help centre here, or through social media on Twitter or Facebook. 

In terms of the Pause and Build plan, we have recently changed the access to this option. Merchants wishing to utilize either the "Full Pause" or the "Pause and Build" plan will need to be on active billing for a minimum of 60 days. If you do not meet the 60-day requirement, then you could choose to keep the account active until the 60 days have come and passed, or you could temporarily close the store by going to Settings/Plans and Permissions. 

I hope that helps clear up the confusion; however, if you have any questions, please let me know! 

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
spanishsorbet
Tourist
10 0 1

Hi there, 

Could you please  verify how many days i have left to cumply the 60 days please?

Best regards, 

Alex 

0 Likes
Peter
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
2025 163 437

@spanishsorbet 

If you have two invoices in Settings/Billing that are for two full months of your service, then the pause option should appear in Settings/Plans and Permissions. Billing is every 30 days, so if you're only seeing one invoice, then you should expect another 30 days after the last. 

If you have any issues finding that information, let me know! 

0 Likes
spanishsorbet
Tourist
10 0 1

Hi there, 

No , I have more than 3 invoices so please help to get my account on pause. 

I am not sure why it is not working. 

Best regards, 

Alex

0 Likes
Peter
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
2025 163 437

@spanishsorbet 

Thank you. In that case, the pause option should appear in Settings/Plans and Permissions:

28-41-46257-9953

The option will appear as long as you are logged into the Account Owner account. If you're not able to see this in Settings/Plans and Permissions, could you please share a screenshot of what you do see? You can find more detailed steps on how to pause your store through our help center here

0 Likes