Please HELP! Can someone show me how to remove shopping cart icon from header in NARRATIVE theme.

6 0 0

Hello,

Please HELP! I am not able to remove the shoppin cart icon from my store in NARRATIVE theme. I do not sell products so I do not need the icon to show. I search through other discussions and couldnt find prior instructions. I appreciate anyones help with this. THanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
260 2 40

Hi, Joseph! 

Lisa here from the Social Care team at Shopify. 

You can hide the cart icon on the Narrative theme by following these instructions: 

1. Go to Online Store > Themes > Narrative > Edit Code

2. Under 'Sections' from your theme files, go to header.liquid file. 

3. Press 'command + f' then type in 'site-header__cart-bubble--visible'

4. This will bring you to around line 78 to 90. 

5. Above  <div class="site-header__section site-header__section--button">  Paste:   

{% comment %} 

6. Right before   </header>  Paste:  

{% endcomment %}

Your code on header.liquid file. around line 78 to 90 should look like this: 

{% comment %}
      <div class="site-header__section site-header__section--button">
        <a href="/cart" class="btn btn--clear btn--square btn--hover-scale site-header__cart ajax-cart__toggle" aria-expanded="false">
          {%- assign icon = 'icon-header-' | append: section.settings.icon %}
          {% include icon %}
          <span class="icon__fallback-text">{{ 'general.header.view_cart' | t }}</span>
          <span class="site-header__cart-bubble{% if cart.item_count > 0 %} site-header__cart-bubble--visible{% endif %}"></span> 
        </a>
      </div>
    </div>
 {% endcomment %}

</header>

This will hide your cart icon on the Narrative Theme! Also, if you haven't seen it yet, this article explains how to hide your product prices, and disable your add to cart button

Since it sounds like you're not actively processing payments on your store, it may also be worthwhile 'Pausing' your plan, so you only have to pay $14 USD per month, instead of $29 USD to maintain the site. You can pause your account and it will still be live to customers! To do so go to settings > account > scroll down to 'Pause Store'. More details on how to Pause your store for a reduced monthly rate when you're not selling.

Feel free to reply if you have any further questions!

- Lisa

Lisa | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

2 Likes
6 0 0

Hey Lisa,

Thank you for your help. It work perfectly!

Also for the suggestion on pausing store. Definitly a better choice for what Im using my site. 

All the best!

Joseph

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
260 2 40

You are so welcome, Joseph! Glad this was the fix you were after. Excellent, always happy to help. 

Best of luck with your agency. 

- Lisa

Lisa | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes