[Please Help] - Cannot update settings in Shopify, doesn't finish loading

Highlighted
Excursionist
38 0 3

Hi there,

I've tried everything I can to fix this problem, but I still cannot update some settings in my Shopify store. For now I'm having trouble with saving settings in the General Tab and also Pay Pay doesn't load. After I click save, it never completes the task, it just stays "loading" forever, I've left it to load for an hour and still the same. I was also not able to create a new snippet file in edit code, it did not let me save. 

I have done the following so i can say that its not the browser issue:

- Deleted all cache and browsing history (I am using Google Chrome).

- Tried multiple browsers (Edge and Mozilla Firefox).

I am able save all settings when I log in at the office computer, but now working remotely it makes it very inconvenient.

So it appears it has something to do with my laptop. 

Any ideas please?

Thank you. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
423 55 77

Hi, @MedsyCare,

Hank here from Shopify.

Thank you for your detailed description of the issue, that really helps me understand the potential issue you are facing!

Great work on clearing your cache, that can be to blame for a lot of browsing related issues! You mentioned you are using Google chrome, is the same issue occurring if you use incognito mode

The fact that you are able to log in at the office computer makes me fully believe it is a localized issue. It may be something like a temporary issue with your internet service provider (ISP) also. Are you able to access the store and save the changes on your mobile device using mobile data instead of the wifi?

It may also have been a temporary issue if you are able to access and save the settings now. But can you let me know how you find the above, and we can continue to work on this until your issue is resolved!

All the best, Hank.

Hank | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
9 0 0

I'm having the same issue when updating any settings. Adding a domain does the same thing. I've tried different browsers, cleared the cache and used incognito in Chrome.  I work with multiple Shopify sites and it's not just limited to one. The progress bar gets about 3/4 of the way through and the Save button just continues to spin.

0 Likes
Highlighted
9 0 0

I hope this gets resolved soon. I really need to connect a domain to one of my stores!!!!

0 Likes
Highlighted
9 0 0

This is odd. I connected through remote desktop to a work server at a different location and everything works fine. I've never had issues before with my home computer.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
38 0 3

Hi @Hank,

Many thanks for following this up! See below for results:

Incognito Mode: Doesn't Work

Mobile Phone with Wifi: Doesnt Work

Mobile Phone with Mobile Data (Non-Wifi): Worked! 

Any ideas how this can be resolved so I can use Wifi rather than Phone Data? I couldn't connect to my hotspot to try mobile data on my laptop so I couldnt test that one. Reception is not good where I am located. 

Thank you so much. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

If clearing cache and changing browsers is not working and some people are having success either OFF of their own Wi-FI and using mobile data OR it works at the office but not at home, I recommend using a VPN.

It appears, for whatever reason, Shopify does not like the ip address you are connecting from.

You can do a quick search and find some cheap vpns (ie: nordvpn, expressvpn, etc.) 

Some also have free trial, so download one of these and test it out and let others know if it worked for you.

James

James Byrne, Owner, Information Architect (USMC VET)
After Dark Grafx - Since 1992
"We Work After Dark, So You Don't Have To!"
https://www.afterdarkgrafx.com

Services: Website Design, Mobile App Development (iOS, Android, Windows), Ecommerce, Magento, Shopify, Miva, BigCommerce, Search Engine Optimization, Wordpress, Hosting, Graphic Design, Merchant Accounts, Consulting and all things web related!

Certified Partner/Developer/Affiliates: Shopify, Google Integrator, Wordpress, Zoho, AuthorizeNet, Geotrust and a Member of the San Diego Regional Chamber of Commerce, Veteran Owned Businesses, Veteran's In Business Network.

I also build custom apps for Shopify!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
423 55 77

Thank you for your reply, my friend!

So this would 100% confirm that your ISP is at fault here. There may be something to do with the IP address or something else.

My best advice would be to contact them advising that you are able to connect using a mobile device and mobile data, but not using the wifi. They may advise of some settings that need to be amended, but you can always reach back out if you need further support from Shopify after speaking with them.

Hank | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
14 0 12

I've had the same issue for about a month or so now.  Never got resolved.  It's not an issue on my end.  I have tried everything.  No other website or pc problems.  Just Shopify.  Hoping enough other people have the same issue that Shopify finds the problem and solution.  

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

Same issue here, saving general settings is not possible!!!

Trying from mobile phone (iphone se) it's working

Trying other PC with same internet connection it's also working.

Paying for VPN as workaround is not a solution!!!

When this issue is gonna be fixed ???

0 Likes