Please help - Hide product description (DEBUT theme)

Solved
Highlighted
6 0 0

Hello,

Can someone please help me with code🙏🏻

I need to hide product description from Featured product section on homepage.

I am using Debut theme.

Thank you for your help.

0 Likes
Highlighted

This is an accepted solution.

Hello ,

Add this css at the bottom of
Online Store->Theme->Edit code->Assets->theme.scss.liquid

.page-width .product-single__description {
    display: none!important;
}
Want to modify or incorporate custom changes on store, Hire us
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution .
Email: pallavi@oscprofessionals.com
Whats app
Free Website Review and advice for sale from Shopify Conversion Experts | Shopify Private App | Custom Theme Development | Custom Modifications In To Shopify Theme | Shopify SEO ; Digital Marketing & amp | Site Speed Optimization | Performance Site Audit
Highlighted
6 0 0

Thank you very much!🙏🏻

0 Likes
Highlighted
6 0 0

I was to fast... this code also removes description from product page. Is it possible to remove description only on home page (Featured product section).

Thank you for your help @oscprofessional .

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Have you found the solution to this I am running into the same problem the description has been removed from my product page as well. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hello ,

Please share your site url.

So that i can check and let you know the exact solution here.

Whats app
Free Website Review and advice for sale from Shopify Conversion Experts | Shopify Private App | Custom Theme Development | Custom Modifications In To Shopify Theme | Shopify SEO ; Digital Marketing & amp | Site Speed Optimization | Performance Site Audit
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I am having the same issue. I would like my feature product on the home page to have no description. But when I add the code above "}.page-width .product-single__description { display: none!important;" it also removes the description on my product page. Can you please help with this! 

0 Likes
Highlighted

@Hello @heavenlygloco,

PLease remove .page-width .product-single__description { display: none!important;"} css and add below css

.template-index .product-single__description { 
display: none!important;
}
Whats app
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hey @oscprofessional , thanks so much for sharing your knowledge. I was wondering what code I could use to hide the product description on the product page since I already have accordions that pull from the admin description box and then output that onto the same product page. Basically, I would want to hide the original product description since it appears as a duplicate given that the accordions already exist.

Thanks in advance!

By the way, the theme I am using doesn't have a theme.scss.liquid but rather just theme.liquid.

Best,
Angelo

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello,

Good day, i have tried your method but its not work. , i want the product description to appear only one clicks on the product..

0 Likes