Point Sub Domain to Third Part hosting

bhaumik
2 0 0

Hello,

I need assistance connecting my Shopify subdomain to my Hostgator hosting account. I added Hostgator CNAME and IP in A records, but it isn't running.

Subdomain: https://prnt.sc/12wrqem

Thank you ahead of time.

0 Likes
Michal_Morek
Shopify Partner
490 38 77

Hello Bhaumik

Kindly welcome to the Shopify Community.

Did your domain successfully link to your store? Sometimes the DNS propagation takes longer than expected which can immediately give the impression that the link did not work. Lowering the Time to Live (TTL) value of your domain can help your domain update faster. Contact your third-party domain provider for suggestions and instructions on how to change your TTL.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

If you found this comment useful then please hit Like and Accept the Solution!
If you would like to hire us as Shopify experts, please reach out via email or private message.
Founder of Shopify agency - Accomplishify.com
Contact me on: community@accomplishify.com
0 Likes
bhaumik
2 0 0

Hey Michal,

Thank you for responding, my main domain is already operational, and I have updated the CNAME and A records for the subdomain that I built on Hostgator before 15 days ago, but I am still experiencing a problem connecting it.

0 Likes
Hyde
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
930 105 164

Hi @bhaumik,

Hyde here from Shopify.

To be honest, I'm not sure I've fully understood your question. So I'd very much appreciate it if you could explain the context a little more for me, please? In other words, what subdomain specifically are you looking to point to Hostgator? Is it one that you've created yourself?

The more information you can give me, the better I can help! That said because you've obscured the names of domains in your screenshot, I suspect you would prefer to discuss the issue more discreetly through our help center.

All the best, Hyde.

Hyde | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
freya0328
Explorer
127 1 15

Did your domain successfully link to your store? 

0 Likes