Poll: What shipping carriers do you use?

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
86 0 0
This is for US based Shopify stores. What shipping carrier do you use? 1. DHL 2. FedEx 3. UPS 4. USPS 5. RedRoller.com 6. Something else? I've been using a mix of RedRoller.com (and DHL within RR) and USPS. I'm thinking of opening an account with one of the larger companies to see if I can get better shipping rates. It's one thing that's been killing me so far. So any advice would be appreciated! Thanks!
www.anonymints.co -- kill bad breath. anonymously.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
1027 0 9

4. Exclusively. Pay/Print through paypal. 4 mile round trip to the post office.

Haven’t really looked into anything else. Don’t do enough for daily pickups just yet. Once we are at that point, we’ll look into alternatives.

Dan - http://www.xtremechargers.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
126 0 4

USPS, RedRoller, DHL for heavyier items.

Fedex and UPS are only worth it if you are shipping heavy, midweight long distance (5+ lbs cross country), express, high value, or high volume shipping.

What is your average weight and distance?

-Jared

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
86 0 0

Ave. weight is less than 5 lbs and distance really varies. Most of my business has actually come from the West Coast and NE.

www.anonymints.co -- kill bad breath. anonymously.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
126 0 4

USPS is going to be your best bet.

0 Likes
Highlighted

I am curious why are you not using Shopify's existing integration with USPS, DHL, UPS?

USPS + Shopify definitely has the cheapest rates followed by DHL, UPS. You can try the integration very easily. Alternatively, if you have a huge volume and you are looking to have your own account for shipping, you can try the Multi Carrier Shipping label app for this purpose.  Although, you would need to enable carrier calculated rates in that case. I would like to know your view on rates from RR. How cheap are they as compared to USPS + Shopify?

0 Likes