Solved

How to add a location image pop up on homepage asking for emails?

Diamond2
Explorer
63 0 20

Hi,

I am trying to add a pop up to our homepage so that it displays an image of our location and then asks for their email. How can I do this and is there a free app to use?

Many thanks

Accepted Solution (1)

Dirk
Shopify Staff
2217 247 506

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @Diamond2 

There are a variety of pop-up apps that you can use to capture emails and customize the popup to your liking. Below I have compiled a few completely free options that you can take advantage of:

I recommend trying out each of them before deciding on which one works best for you. If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 6 (6)

Dirk
Shopify Staff
2217 247 506

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @Diamond2 

There are a variety of pop-up apps that you can use to capture emails and customize the popup to your liking. Below I have compiled a few completely free options that you can take advantage of:

I recommend trying out each of them before deciding on which one works best for you. If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Diamond2
Explorer
63 0 20

Hi @Dirk,

Thank you so much for your response.

One of the apps I'm using says to put the pop up in the custom html section. I am doing that but nothing is happening on my site. I think it may be because my width is 0 for custom html section, but am not sure as to how to fix this. Any suggestions?

Dirk
Shopify Staff
2217 247 506

Hey, @Diamond2 

Glad to hear you have chosen an app. As far as app installation support goes, your best off going directly to the developer of the app for assistance. They will be able to guide you on setting their app since the built it. You can find their support contact information from their app listing page on the Shopify app store. It will be on the right hand side of the page under the 'Support' heading.

Example:

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

sherylcroford
Excursionist
10 0 3

Also in case you are looking for multiple pop up options it might be interesting to take a look at builders here:

https://socital.com/resources/10-best-shopify-pop-up-builders/

made4Uo
Shopify Partner
3805 713 1128

Hi, 

This is the way to add a pop up without an app or external library. Add some delay time and "maybe later" button. This pop up will not annoy your customers. Check the video for more info

Volunteering to assist you!  Likes and Accept as Solution  is highly appreciated.✌
Coffee fuels my dedication. If helpful, a small Coffee Tip would be greatly appreciated.
Need EXPERIENCED Shopify developer without breaking the bank?
Hire us at Made4Uo.com for quick replies.
Stay in control and maintain your security by avoiding unnecessary store access!

Preethi006
Excursionist
43 1 0

A pop-up can leverage a tool to collect leads, reduce the bounce rate on pages, improve conversion, and increase sales. Online marketers constantly find new ways to use pop-ups to expand functionality. It isn’t a secret that those more proficient in pop-ups are more likely to use all functions to achieve the necessary marketing goals. The combination of customized pop-up and personalized settings offers new opportunities for online marketers. Continue reading to learn.

• Action popup

• Blog Card

• bottom sticky

• community notification

• flashy popup

• large email popup

• left image

• signup signin

• Tricky collect

To get started with adding a pop-up to your site, you’ll want to download a Shopify app that’s meant for creating and displaying pop-ups. Here are the top three apps to use when adding this new feature to your ecommerce store.

1.Popper

It is a  pop-up app that allows Shopify merchants to collect emails and increase subscribers by 500% and sales by 35% instantly. The best part is its Free but still provides 11 different unique and stylish popup templates to chose from.

All pop-up templates  are customizable, and they can integrate with Klaviyo and Mailchimp. You can choose templates based on your store goals and objectives.

Popper can be used for variety of purposes right from creating a mailing list, avoiding shopping cart abandonment, promoting discount codes & sales, subscribing to newsletters and many more.

2.Easypop

Easypop  is an all-in-one tool to build and launch pop-ups specifically for Shopify stores. Their pop-ups allow Shopify merchants to collect marketing opt-ins and present discounts or offers on the pop-up. Powerful flexibility gives you the ability to create thousands of different campaigns, and target the pop-ups to appear at the right time to the right person. Give customers the content they need to hit that checkout.

3.Privy

Privy is one of the top email marketing popup apps to use on Shopify. The app is compelling and offers tons of functions. Using Privy you can build and display popups based on set parameters. While tailored towards email marketing, the app can be used for other engagement purposes. Privy can even be used to send customized emails to web site visitors. These emails can be used for abandoned carts, newsletters, or for sale information.

banned