Popup Widget

lverdez
1 0 0

Hello

I am using a videask popup widget. I copied the snipplet in the theme.liquid screen. It is not popping up in every screen which annoys the customers. Where do i need to copy the snipplet so it only pops up in the main screen.

Thanks

Lisset

0 Likes
Julie
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
965 85 225

Hi, Lisset!

Julie here from Shopify Support.

I'd love to offer some guidance here, but I'm unable to find "videask" in the Shopify App Store. Did you install an app or did you just add some code to your theme?

If this is an app, you should be able to find some documentation on how to adjust the widget settings so that the popup only appears on your homepage. You can usually find help documentation for apps directly within the app itself, or on the developer's website. We also have some information on getting help with third-party apps that offers some further suggestions.

However, if you aren't using an app and have just added some code to your theme, I suggest heading back to wherever you got the code snippet to see if the developers have any documentation or contact information there.

Out of curiosity, what is the popup for? Have you considered using a popup app from the Shopify App Store? These apps integrate directly with Shopify and will allow you to manage all of the settings and customization options directly within the app. Using an integrated app is definitely an easier way to add a popup to your website and I'd be happy to suggest a few popular app options if this is something you'd like to consider.

Looking forward to your response!

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes