Possible Fraudulent customers

knorman
2 0 0

Good morning, is there a way to have a certain customer flagged as "questionable"  when we receive an order? 

We have had instances where a certain customer has purchased twice, claiming they haven't received an order, then demanding a complete refund (instead of a replacement order).  We've thought if there's a way to flag orders that come in by specific customers where we could put a "signature required" ship via (instead of regular ground shipping) that this may help when customers claim not to have received their order.

We want to keep them as a customer (for now).

Thanks and let us know.

Kelley Norman (Duckhead)

0 Likes
Hyde
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
868 98 155

Hi @knorman,

Hyde here from Shopify. Great question!

First off, it's important to note moving forward that we do have a fair few tips on how to prevent fraud. It may be worth your while having a look at this to safeguard yourself best as you can moving forward. You'll notice that one of the tools at your disposal is the free Shopify Fraud Filter app. This is a handy app because it allows you to do the following:

21-04-hez0t-55vrn

This will not, however, automatically link with your shipping settings to adjust them depending on an order's potential fraudulence. That is not a feature Shopify caters for, and most merchants would sooner simply cancel the order than waste time fulfilling an order that may potentially be fraudulent.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further questions.

All the best, Hyde.

Hyde | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes