Possible fraud with international mail forwarder?

Highlighted
3 0 0
I have a niche market, but have opted out of shipping internationally (US only) because of risk of fraud and lack of reliable tracking services. I'm not knowledgeable enough of international shipping and it generally seems to be a pain.

Recently, I have been receiving orders from a service that forwards mail to the Philippines, Forwarder LBC Express. They seem to be a legit service. The first few orders I received weeks ago were not significant, I decided to process them and see what happens. Now, I have received several significant orders.

Shopify is flagging them as high risk, mostly because of ip address country and physical address (the US shipping forwarder). I have never had another US mail forwarder use us, and have no idea why the orders are coming from the Philippines suddenly. Maybe the forwarder is suggesting us to customers?

I'm wondering if anyone has dealt with this company or similar US forwarders? How much risk am I opening myself up to? I was considering contacting the customer, but if I do contact the customer to verify, what exactly would I verify?
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0
I am having this same issue with LBC EXPRESS shipping forwarding company. 5 orders so far that have been flagged fraud. I am forced to refund their order and I am losing money on credit card fees. Please Shopify give advice on this. I am getting very frustrated at this point!
I have contacted the LBC express, and they check on the accounts that have tried purchasing through me, and say they are new clients so there’s nothing he can do to stop this.
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi! same here. I get several orders from the Phillippines for my anime products.  I originally set up my shipping criteria to include the Phillippines then stopped shipping to PH when several orders came in at risk for fraud. Now, PH customers are placing orders using LBC. LBC or Shipping Cart appears to be a legitimate business that forwards freight directly to the Philippines.  The customers order from my shop and get flagged by the fraud detector because their demographics don't match. I actually emailed the customers asking to verify details. The customers actually do respond and will verify details but there is no way for me to confirm them. The issue is, this is a recent ongoing problem. Currently, my solution is to refund the orders but this is no solution because you are left with fees for doing so. I've tried to reach out to Shopify but you can't get through to them at all. This is a serious problem. I hope someone can help.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I have had a dry spell of no new orders & now in the past week I have had 1 large order and 1 small order for delivery to Cebu City Philippines & Freight Forwarder in Burbank California. I connected with the Cebu City customer and they changed the address to a Bay Area freight forwarder. The most recent customer paid with a JCB credit card and asked that I refund to a PayPal account when I advised I was cancelling the order.

Did anyone actually receive chargebacks for orders fulfilled?

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

I had 5 chargebacks for all 5 orders linked to the mail forwarder, all 5 disputes were awarded by the bank to the customer despite correspondence I had confirming some information.

I would highly recommend not accepting these orders, cancel immediately. And absolutely do not refund on any payment other than the original payment processed. They are just trying to scam you out of additional money by using another account for refund and will then dispute the original charge.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0
HI! I was getting orders from customers in the PI a lot and didn't know
what to make of it. I was also canceling the orders due to fraud risk until
I began asking my customers questions. Yes, freight forwarding or virtual
warehouses are a thing especially for those who live in PI because of duty
taxes they're required to pay when shipped directly from the US.

I began testing, so I shipped a couple of orders. So far it's been months
and these orders have not been charged back.

But still proceed with caution. The orders I fulfilled were not expensive
just in case.

Thanks!
0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

My chargebacks were not submitted until months after the original purchase. That's why I got comfortable sending bigger orders a month or so after the initial small orders. Just FYI, you still might get dinged.

0 Likes