Possibly fraudulent Shopify website

Highlighted
Tourist
11 0 3

Hi!

Has anybody experiencde any problems ordering from this Shopify store - ecycleonline.com?

I saw an ad for them on Kijiji for a really good bike for a really good price, so I made the purchase on their website. Then, I checked the bike's brand website and, at the very top, it said:

We have received so many email told us they purchased a bike with unbelievable price, we have to clarify that we never authorize the other ones to sell our ebikes on shopify or any other websites except ourselves. Please beware: so far as we know, there are four sites are scams, engwebrand.com, engwebikes.com, engweusa.com and pinnaclebicycles.com, please note that our offical website is engwe-bikes.com. And please contact your Paypal or other payment institutions you used for chargebacks if you are deceived.

So it's possible I was just defrauded of that $550, which there was no tax nor shipping applied to.

I'll keep this forum thread updated whenever I get any updates about this order.

Screenshot_2020-04-16 Brand new Electric Bikes for Sale eBike Markham York Region Kijiji(1).png

Screenshot_2020-04-16 Contact Us.png

Screenshot_2020-04-16 E-Cycle Direct.jpg

the bike's brand websitethe bike's brand website

screencapture-mail-google-mail-u-0-2020-04-16-18_18_56-cr.png

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
11 0 3

Received an update a day after order placement saying it's been shipped, but no tracking information provided:

shipping-updated.png

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 1

possible scam.  The site was created April 9, 2020.  There is no unit number for that address.  Store closed during covid 19.  If it is too good to be truth, then it probably is.  If no tracking number for delivery after four weeks, file for a charge back with your payment company

1 Like
Highlighted

I see this happen everyday.

Before you make a purchase, you should:

a) visit their about page. if it is short it is probably not a real company

b) visit their contact page. do they have a phone number? what happens when you called it?  

c)  google            scam  then the domain name or business name       or     reviews then the domain name or business name   (don't consider the reviews on the website legit as these can be faked)

d) see if they have an address on the website. if so, plug it into maps.google.com and see if it is a real business

e) do a whois search and see when the domain was registered: https://www.godaddy.com/whois      (if it is set to PRIVATE registration and there is no info, you will have to use your best judgement or use other services online to find out more data just search for   "domain tools"  and you will find a bunch)

e) if you feel that the website is then legit, then order from it.

It sucks that consumers have to do this before they can make an order for a product.

James Byrne, Owner, Information Architect (USMC VET)
After Dark Grafx - Since 1992
"We Work After Dark, So You Don't Have To!"
https://www.afterdarkgrafx.com

Services: Website Design, Mobile App Development (iOS, Android, Windows), Ecommerce, Magento, Shopify, Miva, BigCommerce, Search Engine Optimization, Wordpress, Hosting, Graphic Design, Merchant Accounts, Consulting and all things web related!

Certified Partner/Developer/Affiliates: Shopify, Google Integrator, Wordpress, Zoho, AuthorizeNet, Geotrust and a Member of the San Diego Regional Chamber of Commerce, Veteran Owned Businesses, Veteran's In Business Network.

I also build custom apps for Shopify!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
11 0 0
Hey wats up..
Umm yeah, my order number pretty close to yours. Did you get a tracking number yet? Thank you.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
11 0 3

Yes, I called the phone number a day after the purchase. The man on the other line answered that the order is being processed and they they need a few business days to have the tracking number

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
11 0 3

When I go to my "Thank you for your purchase" email that I got upon the purchase and click the big blue button that says "View your order", i get taken to the following web page:

Capture.PNG

When I click on the order tracking number on that page, it takes me to ubismartparcel.com where, when I paste the tracking number, it shows me the following:

Capturse.PNG

So looks like something is getting shipped and I'm waiting to find out what it's going to be.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
11 0 0
Mine stops at information submitted by shipper.
Don't have "cleared customs" yet and it almost 2 weeks for any update. I got the "Super Power Mountain Bike" when it was first advertised for $1100 and got another $100 off so yeah.. I don't know lmao..
Thanks
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
11 0 0
My tracking cleared customs.
0 Likes
Highlighted
7 0 0
Hey man
I bought from them on the 16th as well
It's been 2 weeks and the guy is not picking up his phone or replying to texts and I have received no updates
Its weird because my shipping company is China post and on there site it says no shipping record
At this point I'm pretty sure I got scammed
0 Likes