Postage Scale?

Geoffrey_Ferdon
Tourist
10 0 5

I can't find a way for Shopify to use a USB postage scale to automatically enter the weights of packages while fulfilling orders.  This must be possible, yes?  Please help.

Thank you,
Geoff

0 Likes
Don
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1278 79 164

Hi there Geoffrey!

Don here from Shopify!

That's a really interesting idea though not something that is currently possible using Shopify. :)

What you can do is to enter the weights of your products when listing them and then manually enter the weight of any packaging you need to use in your settings > shipping menu.

These weights would then be combined by the admin to generate the total order weight which would be used when providing shipping rates at checkout to ensure the best match for rates.

Feel free to reach out to us anytime using our support site if you have any more questions. :)

All the best!

Regards,
Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Geoffrey_Ferdon
Tourist
10 0 5

Thank you, Don.  I know about the method you've indicated.  It just requires a lot of work weighing everything and still is prone to error.  It's surprising there is no App or functionality for a postage scale.  It seems like such a basic need.  Perhaps there will be before too long.

I apprecaite your help.

Geoff

0 Likes
wualforvalle
2 0 3

Any updates on this? Is there any support to connect USB Scale to fill the information of the package accordingly?

SteveLionsPride
1 0 0

It is now Feb 22, 2021.  Is Shopify able to connect to a USB scale yet?  I have used Shipstation for years and we are now switching our site to Shopify.

Would love to ship from Shopify, but only if we can connect to the scales?

Does anyone know if this is possible?

0 Likes