Pre-Order and Future Date

imashbuddenz
1 0 0

Hello,

I am switching over from BigCommerce platform and I am having a hard time trying to setup Pre-Order item. On Big Commerce, there's a tab where I can select the date when it's expecting to be available. Now, I tried the "schedule availability" but when I set it up. The item is not being displayed. I clicked on "view" to see how it's going to look. It's telling me this page does not exist.

Is this a theme related? Is there an option for me to enable?

0 Likes
Tira
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
990 61 162

Hey, @imashbuddenz

Tira here to help. Welcome to Shopify, it’s good to see you here.

It sounds like you were on your product page and trying to schedule availability for your products. When you tried to view the product, it showed an error message on the next page.

This is an expected error if the scheduled date for your product’s availability is set to the future. If you go to your online store, and try to view the product, it won’t be there since it’s not published online. If you want to preview the product before it’s published, you can click on the “Preview” text link on the product page in your Shopify admin. Here’s a screenshot from my test store of what this looks like:

21-04-7a53z-8g1th

I recommend checking out our help doc on future publishing to learn more about hiding your products and publishing them at a later time.

Is this the button you were clicking on to view your product page?

I also wanted to add, if you’re looking to set-up pre-orders for products on your store, we have an advanced tutorial in our Shopify Community that can help you with this: Allow pre-orders for products. As this is an advanced tutorial, any questions would be outside our scope of support, but you can hire a Shopify Expert or ask additional questions in the community for help.

Tira | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes