Can I add a preorder button to the Brooklyn theme in Shopify?

ginaalu
Tourist
6 0 2

Hi! How can add the the preorder button to my product? Nothing seems compatible with the Brooklyn theme.

Thanks

Replies 4 (4)

Julie
Shopify Staff
1109 106 367

Hi, @ginaalu!

Julie here from Shopify Support.

It's great to hear that you're wanting to accept pre-orders. There are a couple of ways you can achieve this, regardless of which theme you're using. 

The easiest way to achieve this would be through an app. In fact, there are plenty of apps in the Shopify App Store specifically designed to accept pre-orders. Some popular options I suggest looking into include: 

These apps integrate with any theme and will allow you to swap the "Add to Cart" button for a "Pre-order" button, giving you the ability to accept pre-orders. from customers You'll also be able to add "Coming Soon" badge to your products and can customize the pre-order button so that it matches your online store. 

Aside from using an app, you can also accept pre-orders by editing your theme's code. This is done by creating an alternate product template, and editing your payment settings. We actually have a post in the Shopify Community Forums that walks you through the process of setting this up. There, you'll just want to follow the instructions for Sectioned themes

I hope this helps! Out of interest, how were you initially trying to set up pre-orders on your online store? I'm curious to learn more about the issues you were having with your Brooklyn theme.

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

EmmaSmth
Explorer
45 0 19

Hello! You can also try KAD Pre-Order App. It is not only compatible with Brooklyn theme, but it also has a feature of the CSS customization, that helps you to customise the "Pre-order" button the best way to match your product page.
Check this out    http://preorder.kad.systems/ads/forum

hankmander
Shopify Partner
22 3 2

The easiest way of all is to click this button on the product variant you want to have pre-order on and then change the add-to-cart button text to something like "Click to Pre-order".

2021-04-20_19-55.png

Henric Malmberg
Tiburon - Shopify Partner

made4Uo
Shopify Partner
3804 713 1124

Hi, 

You can add a pre-order button without an app or external library. It works with multiple variants too. Check the video for more information. 

Volunteering to assist you!  Likes and Accept as Solution  is highly appreciated.✌
Coffee fuels my dedication. If helpful, a small Coffee Tip would be greatly appreciated.
Need EXPERIENCED Shopify developer without breaking the bank?
Hire us at Made4Uo.com for quick replies.
Stay in control and maintain your security by avoiding unnecessary store access!