Preferences error

1 0 0

I've tried to change my metatitle and my metadescription but Shopify is stuck with the old settings and doesn't really change how the site looks like. What should i do?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
436 35 57

Hey, @iks00!

Ash here from the Shopify team. Welcome to the Shopify Community! 

Thank you for reaching out with your question. I'm happy to help. I understand you're trying to change your meta title and meta description, but these settings don't appear to be updating. May I ask where you're still seeing the old meta title and meta description after updating these fields and saving the new content? Please take some screenshots of the current meta title and meta description in your Online Store> Preferences, as well as where the old content is still showing to help me understand the problem.

Also, I see you mention the look of the site isn't changing when you change these settings. May I ask what visual changes you were expecting? The meta title and meta description of your site control what people see in the search engine listing preview of your site, but wouldn't actually change the look of your site. If you have some specific changes you're looking to make on your site, let me know and we can look into implementing those! 

Ash | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes