Presentment Prices

Rick_Vintage
Tourist
3 0 2

Price discrimination is a very well known price strategy in international markets.

We would like to set a price of product A to:

- 200 Euro for European clients    and
- 200 Dollar for American clients

Thus we do NOT want to use automatic currency conversion one-on-one.
Shopify's "Presentment prices" (API) suggest support for an individual price per currency (when using Shopify Payments - which we do).

Through the API we have POST/PUT presentment prices with a specific price value and curerency.
But we do not see them showing up in the ADMIN panel, nor the shop.

Where do we administer presentment prices in shopify?
How does this work?

Looking forward to some clarity..

jetblackstar1
Tourist
6 0 1

I'm wondering the same thing. 

We're currently headed down a different solution when I stumbled on presentment prices. 

Basically we're abusing Variants to you have one per currency and set it there. We were lucky the client isn't using variants yet and had a 1-1 relation between products and variants. Some UI trickery to show only the Variant for the current currency and it kinda works. But it makes me feel a little dirty. 
It would probably still work if you do use variants as long as you dont have too many "options" set. 

I got the idea from one of the Apps that uses this as a solution (I would have bought it but fear it will collide with other bespoking in the template)

PublicApps
Shopify Partner
87 4 23

Currently the docs say:

You can't set specific prices based on country while selling in multiple currencies, but you can set the exchange rate manually to control the price.

But Shopify just announced that this feature will be available in March (2021) or so.

Just trying to help out.
- If my reply was helpful, please Like it or mark it as Accepted Solution to let me know!
- Need store customizations? Then consider Hiring us.
0 Likes
jetblackstar1
Tourist
6 0 1

ARG, we literally just launched. This would have been really helpful.

We've had to go down the multi shop route in the end as we badly needed the payment gateway to send gbp orders to a gbp bank account, and Euro orders to a euro bank account, etc. 

Shopify payments didn't support this and while stripe and other payment gateways would on the back end if they received the currency code. Support payments address converted back to our base currency at the end. We had no way of configuring multicurrency front end support if we didn't use the Shopify payments gateway. All the config for multi currency was tied to that. And our alternative gateway of sage, their plugin didn't support multicurrency at all. 

I do wonder what this new feature will do with payment gateways. But I can tell you it's all very under the skin and hard to find out without trying for real.

If anyone else had those requirement. Talk to Shopify support about your details and mention you might need multiple duplicate sites. They have an offer that can help. If you tick the boxes.

I will wait with baited breath to set what the new feature does with multi currency and payment gateways.

0 Likes