President’s Shop Taken Down

Veronica17
Excursionist
8 0 20

I'M STILL WAITING ON A REPLY TO MY QUESTION TO YOU, TYW.

0 Likes
TyW
Community Manager
Community Manager
581 34 865

@Veronica17, based on recent events, we have determined that the actions by President Donald J. Trump violate our Acceptable Use Policy, which prohibits promotion or support of organizations, platforms or people that threaten or condone violence to further a cause. As a result, we have terminated stores affiliated with President Trump.  

TyW | Online Community Manager @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

HudsonAtlantic
Excursionist
12 0 5

Bravo! I applaud Shopify's decision to condemn terrorists. Well done. 

Stephen34
Shopify Partner
59 1 80

@TyW  thank you for the reply. Since this was shared publicly that means you can also let us know what Democrate sites you have removed for their ACTUAL support of violence through rioting, burning buildings, businesses, homes, churches, attacking people, killing people, etc....the Democrate party actually condoned of these. I would like to know what Democrate websites Shopify has removed for violating your terms of service.

Additionally, when exactly did President Trump support or condone violence?  The Democrate party has ACTUALLY supported and condoned it for 2 years now and never would denounce it....and as far as I can see, President Trump has never condoned such things and on numerous occasions said what happened at the Capitol building was not the right way to protest. Additionally under his administration some of those people have been arrested.

So please explain the Shopify position as it appears backwards.

Veronica17
Excursionist
8 0 20

IMG_76A08413E607-1.jpeg

Cleary, he wasn't threatening, promoting, or condoning violence, but instead LAW AND ORDER!  So, did y'all remove all BLM stores too, then?

HudsonAtlantic
Excursionist
12 0 5
HudsonAtlantic
Excursionist
12 0 5

I doubt Shopify needs to justify everything they do.

TyW
Community Manager
Community Manager
581 34 865

Thanks for your feedback; I am unable to provide further comment. 

TyW | Online Community Manager @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Veronica17
Excursionist
8 0 20

So you're not allowed to tell us if BLM sites were removed or not?

No need. We all know they were not removed and that there is a double standard. Thanks. That's all I needed to know. I'll be taking my business elsewhere. I hope everyone else who believes in FREE SPEECH will do the same! This is ridiculous!!!!

SHOPShareholder
Tourist
3 0 6

Considering that he specifically stated that he expected his supporters to protest peacefully, where, exactly, did he condone violence?

In the meantime, you surely are aware that there are countless videos out there of BLM leaders threatening and inciting violence.

And you don't see any problem with your selective outrage and punishment? Because I do and millions of others will. I am terminating business relationships and investments with every single company that thinks it is ok to punish those who disagree with them politically. Done. It's not ok.