Prevent Checkout without Payment information

Excursionist
13 0 13

We have a unique situation in that we have a contract with a company that allows their employees to use payroll deduction from their paychecks for uniforms.  Not all of our customers work for that company so we also have credit/debit card payments as an option.  Lately though we have received several orders where neither option was chosen when checking out and yet their order still processed through to us.  Is there a way to make it so the order will not process unless they choose a payment method and fill in the appropriate boxes?  I have shopped many times online and received error messages when I've missed entering information into a box, not allowing my order to process until completed correctly, it feels as if this should be a standard operation.  Any help is appreciated.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
13 0 13

I did a little digging, it appears we do have a box that pops up when they don't complete the payment information boxes, however once you click ok on the pop-up box it automatically shifts to the shipping screen so there is no way of capturing payment unless they go back a screen and I'm guessing they're just not paying close attention to realize the screen shifted before payment could be entered.  Anyone have thoughts on how to prevent this from happening?  Sounds to me as if it's a glitch somewhere but I'm not sure where... 

0 Likes