Prevent removing options in cart

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 0

Dear Shopify Community,

Unfortunately I have a problem with the fact that our customers are purchasing products for €0,00 by removing the "main" product from the cart and only purchasing the added options (like color for example). We would like to prevent people from removing certain "main" products without removing the additional "layer options".

We are currently using the Appclay Product Configurator. This apps creates the possibility to build a product with multiple layers (like frame color and accessories). This works great but unfortunately, when adding to cart, it also adds the "color layer" as a loose product. Resulting in the fact that customers are removing the main product from the cart and only purchasing the "color" layer. (worth €0..) 

Is there a way to prevent "connect" certain products/options?
Meaning, when people remove the "hero" product, it also removes the additional options coming with the hero?

I'm open for other solutions as well. 

Thanks in Advanced and I look forward to your reply.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trailblazer
144 13 31

Hi @PHATFOUR 

This sounds like an issue with how the app functions. I would definitely suggest going back to the developers of the app to let them know this is an issue and asking them for a solution. If they can't offer one, then I would look for an alternate app that works the way you need it to.

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 0

Hi @MelsMojoBob ,

Thanks for the quick reply. I have tried finding the contact details of Appclay but unfortunately without result. The problem is that they are one of the few that actually provides the solution to our needs. Therefore we would prefer keeping this app. Nevertheless, if there is no other solution, we will def. check out other apps.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trailblazer
144 13 31

This is an accepted solution.

@PHATFOUR  good morning.

There is a contact link on the app page in the app store.

Capture2.JPG

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 0

This is what I was looking for. Thanks for the help! Will contact them. Cheers

0 Likes