Price increase based on variant

CDitty
Tourist
6 0 1

Is it possible to have a price increase based on a variant selection?  I have 1 variant already where the customer chooses one of many designs.  I need another one for single or double sided and then adjust the price based on that option.  Is this possible?

0 Likes
Victor
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
759 66 188

Hi @CDitty,

It's possible to have numerous variant options that combine, allowing you to offer a wider variety of variants. For example, if you offered three designs and all could be single or double-sided, you'd have the following variants:

• Design 1, single-sided
  • Design 1, doubled-sided
  • Design 2, single-sided
  • Design 2, doubled-sided
  • Design 3, single-sided
  • Design 3, doubled-sided

Having these options listed as individual variants would allow you to set individual prices for each one. You can read more on creating variants here.

Kind regards,

Victor | Shopify Social Care

Victor | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
CDitty
Tourist
6 0 1
I understand the concept of variants and how they work. I just don’t want to create 100 variants. Ie…50 one sided, 50 double sided.

What I would like to do is create my first one (state choice) and have it be $0.00 and then a second variant for sides with the actual cost for each side. I’ve dropped the variant down from 100 to 52 and it makes it easier to manage if I ever change prices.
0 Likes
Victor
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
759 66 188

Hi @CDitty,

Okay, I see. Can you let me know how many different designs that you have for this product? Do you intend on offering single and double-sided options for every design you offer?

Kind regards,

0 Likes
CDitty
Tourist
6 0 1

I found an add-on that lets me do what I need.  100+ addons.  Thanks

0 Likes
Victor
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
759 66 188

Hi @CDitty,

I'm glad to hear you've found an app that helps, and using an app is often the best solution when you're dealing with a high number of variant combinations. Thanks for letting me know and please do get back in touch if you have further questions.

Kind regards,

0 Likes