Primary and subdomain...setup in progress?

Solved
JHP_photo
Explorer
50 0 17

Can someone help with the following?

I transferred my domain www.jophermans.com from GoDaddy to Shopify. But now I can access my site via jophermans.com but not via www.jophermans.com.

I wish to use www.jophermans.com as the primary domain! Don't know what went wrong, but the status keeps being "setup in progress".

Any help welcome. Thanks!

Screenshot 2021-05-12 at 11.07.48.png

0 Likes
Ivy
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
97 13 12

Hi @JHP_photo!

Ivy here from Shopify.

Third party domain transfer can feel a little bit tricky, but once we check that a few settings are correct, and we give the transfer some time, I am confident we can get this sorted for you!

The first thing I would like to confirm is that the DNS settings are correct for this domain. You can do this by logging into your GoDaddy dashboard, and clicking into DNS record/settings. The important settings to ensure are correct are:

1. Your A record should point to Shopify's IP address, which is 23.227.38.65.
  2. Your www CNAME record should point to shops.myshopify.com.

Once you are 100% sure these settings are correct, please note it can take about 48 hours for the updated settings to propagate in the background so the address may not lead to your store until this 48 hour period has passed. You can read over our directions for third party domain connection in detail via our guide here, we even have a handy step by step video here:

I hope this helps - if you need any further guidance please do let me know.

Thanks, Ivy.

Ivy | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
JHP_photo
Explorer
50 0 17

Thanks for checking in Ivy!

I completely moved my domain from GoDaddy to Shopify (I did this with help from the GoDaddy helpdesk, so I presume all DNS settings were checked and correct). So I can't access any domain settings at GoDaddy anymore. I realise that the 48 hours didn't yet pass, should be somewhere this afternoon.

Hope it sorts itself. If not, I'll check back in.

0 Likes
JHP_photo
Explorer
50 0 17

Hi @Ivy , 

Can you help me with my domain? 48 have passed, nothing changed. I'm afraid somethings off.

Thanks.

Jop

0 Likes
Ivy
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
97 13 12

This is an accepted solution.

Hi,

Thank you for this update. In this case, I would go ahead and reach out to our Support Advisor Team for their advice on this. I am not able to access your account here via the Community, but by creating a support ticket via our Support Portal here one of our Support Advisors will then be able to access your store and they can then carry out specific troubleshooting that should resolve this for you. 

Thanks, Ivy.

Ivy | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
JHP_photo
Explorer
50 0 17

Solved @Ivy !

Too complicated to explain what had to change to activate my domain, but it worked.

One of your colleagues helped me out perfectly.