Printful Alternatives: POD apps that allow personalization of products that aren't apparel?

1 0 0

Hello, I'm looking for a Print-on-Demand app that allows a customer to personalize non-apparel products. We've been using Printful but it only allows the customer to customize apparel, wall art, and jewelry. I'd like to offer laptop cases, cell phone cases, mugs, etc. that the customer can customize themselves. Are there any apps that do this, and if so, what do they allow the customer to personalize? Any info is appreciated!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
141 33 36

Hi @SenorApples,

Dani here from Shopify. Thanks for writing in!

I can definitely see why you would want to offer another section of products outside of apparel. I would recommend taking a look at the third-party app Art of Where. They include quite a few different products that you can choose from including cell phone cases, paper goods, and home decor items.

A couple of other options you may be interested in are Gooten and Kite. Both of these integrations offer a lot of non-apparel items to print on as well.

Print on Demand services are designed to offer you a simpler option to print your own brand's designs onto products. Although not intended to offer a unique product for each order, this can be done with a bit of manual effort.

To do this, you would need to offer your customers a file upload option on your product listing page using a file upload app. Once your customers upload their file, you would then take that file and create a new product in the print on demand app. Keep in mind, this would remove the automation features of the print on demand app and would require a new product creation for each order. Once the mockup of the custom product is made, you can then manually place the order with the customer's shipping address.

Have you used any print on demand apps in the past? Are you interested in offering any of your branded products to your customers? I'd recommend taking a look at our free Print on Demand course to gain some further tips for making the most out of this business model.

Let me know if you have any further questions, I'd be happy to continue helping you!

All the best,

Dani

Dani | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes