Can I customize and print bulk gift messages on Avery L7165 labels in Shopify?

JayJames
Tourist
9 0 1

At the moment I am printing gift messages with Orderly print but they don't look very 'pretty' because I can't customize the look in any way. Plus the delivery date prints out with it which doesn't look great!

My messages come through as cart attributes and I need to be able to print them in bulk directly on to Avery L7165 Labels. I also need the order number on each message.

Is there any way I can do this?

Replies 5 (5)

mstill63
Tourist
5 0 2

I have the same challenge at the moment and it is very frustrating - we process 300+ orders a day and 50% of these have a "gift message"  (currently added as NOTES in the order) - we'd like to print the gift message in bulk as either an integrated label in the Packing Slip or straight to a label printer and we will add the message label to a pre-printed branded gift-card.  As yet I have not found a solution for 50+ orders - there is a solution with Order Printer Pro (by FORSBERG) combined with Order Printer Templates (by FORSBERG) where you can edit the template to include the gift message within the integrated label on the Packing Slip - the frustrating restriction is you can only process up to 50 shopify orders at a time (a Shopify restriction as I understand) - any help welcome

hello_botanical
Visitor
3 0 0

We're looking into the same thing. Did you ever find a solution to this? 

JayJames
Tourist
9 0 1

I'm afraid I didn't. Orderly Print really does the best job but as I said in my original post, the messages are very basic looking. Hopefully somebody very clever can develop an app soon!!

coupchampagne
Visitor
1 0 0

We are using Order Printer (by Shopify) and Gift Ship (by Gist)

1. Select up to 50 orders

2. More Actions -> Print  with Order Printer

3. Print onto a 3 x 3 thermal label 1" core (Uline) printed on Zebra thermal printer

You have to code your own layout on Order Printer to display the gift notes properly as you like, and grab the gift note information that was input via Gift Ship app we use. 

mstill63
Tourist
5 0 2

We found a work around for high volume packing of +50 orders - we import our daily orders into Orderly Print from Shopify to generate picking lists and orders sheets - normally approx 350 orders - we then export this data from Orderly Print into an Excel file - this exports the gift messages as well (Notes Field) they appear in a separate Excel column in the file - you can edit the font and layout accordingly for all 350 messages - we print directly from the Excel cell containing each message to a thermal label 75mm x 50mm - we then stick the label into a pre-designed and printed gift card - see photos - In terms of packing we do all the gift messages & address labels one-by-one after the order has been packed - staff can simply search for the order number in the Excel file, print the Gift Message, stick the label into the gift card, place card in the order box and seal the order ready for shipping - if your packing process is different you can print all the gift messages at the same time from Excel if easier etc - thanks