Printing issue

NailsbyDuck
1 0 0

Hi. I am having an issue getting the label to print all the way on the paper. Im using a MFLabel printer and its hooked up right. The test label prints perfectly but the order label prints either to small or half of the label is cut off. How would I fix this? 

0 Likes
Rae
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
726 39 225

Hi, @NailsbyDuck

This is Rae from Shopify. Thanks for reaching out about printing these labels, and welcome to the Shopify Community!

I'm glad to help troubleshoot this issue with you further, but first, I was hoping to confirm if you're trying to print shipping labels, or barcodes labels?

If you're looking to print shipping labels, we do recommend using one of our supported printers to do this, but since you're using another printer, we suggest following these steps. It's also important to ensure that you select the 8.5 x 11 inch paper option when printing a label. If you've already purchased a shipping label and need to change the size or format of the label, you can void the label, and then repurchase it with the correct size selected. 

If you're instead trying to print barcode labels, you'll need to do this via either the Retail Barcodes Labels app, or Dymo Label software, as outlined here. If you're using the Retail Barcode Labels app, the supported label sizes can be found here. We also have some recommended settings that work with Dymo printers. I know you mentioned you're using a different printer type, but I do suggest looking over these settings and giving them a try to see if this helps resolve the problem you're encountering. In terms of other printer settings, it's important to ensure the following: 

• Paper size settings - Make sure you've selected the paper size that corresponds with the type of label you're printing. 
  • Scale - This should be set to 100% to help ensure the label fills its section correctly. 

Please keep me posted on which type of label you're trying to print, and if the above suggestions help resolve the issue you're having. 

I look forward to hearing back from you! 

Rae | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Judy_kov
Tourist
5 0 2
Hi. Did you ever get this resolved. I’m having the same issues but I’m using the Dymo label. I called both Shopify and Dymo and they are unable to help me :-(
0 Likes
Rae
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
726 39 225

Hi, @Judy_kov

Thanks for letting us know that you're impacted by this too. 

So that I can help look into this further, can you please confirm: 

Additionally, have you had a chance to work through any of the troubleshooting I shared above? In particular, selecting the correct paper size settings, and ensuring the scale is accurate can be beneficial in solving printing issues like this.  

Please keep me posted on the above details! 

0 Likes
amhiga808
1 0 0

I purchased a Dymo labelwriter 4xl printer.  I downloaded the driver associated with printer.  When I clicked print label from my shopify order, clicked dymo printer, the direction of the label cannot be changed and the label didn't print to the right size.  The test printer label works but doesn't work when you actually try to print from the order page

0 Likes
Judy_kov
Tourist
5 0 2
Hi!
Yes I did all the above, I purchased both the labels and the printer thru Shopify. I spoke with both DYMO and Shopify, and was given the run around. Long story short, I returned DYMO and bought the Brand Brother .. I couldn’t be happier now. Thanks!
Judy_kov
Tourist
5 0 2
Hi! So I had the same issue. I have a Mac and I went thru the entire test rolls and probably 10 from the new labels. The trouble shoot doesn’t work. I ended up returning and bought the Brother- it still doesn’t print properly when I click “print shipping label” the only solution I have is. Download the shipping label you are printing, then under edit , select print area and highlight the label, hit print and you might need to adjust the “fit to scale” I hope this helps.
Rae
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
726 39 225

Hi, @amhiga808 and @Judy_kov

Thank you both for reaching out and following up with these details. 

@amhiga808, to confirm, did you follow the steps outlined here to install and set up your printer? If so, this issue may be tied to the label size that's selected at the time of printing a shipping label.

To check this, please login to your Shopify admin, head to 'Orders', and open a real order that you need to print a shipping label for. Then, follow these steps to print the label, or check out the specific steps outlined below: 

1. In the order you need to print a shipping label for, click 'Print label'
  2. A dialog will pop up where you can select the printer you're using to print the label.
  3. Select the paper size that matches the printer, and paper you're using to print the label, and then click 'Print'. If you need to change or adjust the paper size before printing a label, please click 'Change format'  in the 'Print options'  box, shown here: 

20-05-wlv1e-o4py3.png

Please give this a try and let me know if the label prints correctly, to the right size, and in the right direction. 

@Judy_kov, I appreciate you following up with this additional information regarding your experience, too. Did you decide to purchase the Brother QL Label Printer instead? If so, please make sure you've followed these steps to set up the printer, as well as the steps shared above with changing the label size format while printing labels. 

If either of you are still encountering issues with printing labels after following these steps, and changing the label size format, please let me know. I'm glad to help look into this further! 

0 Likes
mrhodesllc
3 0 0

I am having the same issue. It is a label printer. MFLABEL. Is supposed to be compatible with Shopify, but I cannot get the orientation to fit the label. It woks when I print via the UPS site, so I know it must be a SHopify integration. Thanks. 

0 Likes
Judy_kov
Tourist
5 0 2
I ended up returning the printer and changed the Brother label maker , And
that’s when there was an option on the print page on the ride that says
“change label size” I don’t recall seeing that option with the old label
printer. But double check just in case... but I doubt it. Good luck ##-
Please type your reply above this line -##
--
Koveted Collection Boutique
8563 NW 186th ST