Printing personalised message to send with order

ExeterGin
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello!

I would like to be able to give my customers the option to add a personalised gift message which I could then print and include with their order to be shipped to the recipient.  Currently, we are able to capture the gift message and this is shown as part of the packing form.  I would like to be able to print the gift message separately onto a a compliments slip or card.  Do you have any suggestions as to how this could be achieved, please?

Many thanks

Replies 3 (3)

Elias
Shopify Staff
2771 274 483

Hello, @ExeterGin.

Elias here with Shopify Support. Thank you for reaching out.

I understand you'd like to give customers a complimentary card with their personalised gift message. While there isn't a way to print the personalised gift message natively, I did find an amazing blog offering 6 Creative Ways to Show Customers You Care. One suggestion is to use handwritten thank you notes, which allows you to copy their personalised gift message. This blog also recommends a few other options, such as including package inserts, providing free gifts or samples, or offering post-purchase discounts. 

There's also a couple of third-party apps, such as Personal Print or Scribeless, which can print and create thank you notes or package inserts. This way, you can include the personalized gift messages on the templates and print them. If you need any help with these apps, you can always reach out to the developers through the contact information found in the Support section of their app's page.

Let me know if this is what you're looking for?

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

DiVH
Tourist
7 0 2

Hi,

We cut & paste the card message into our brother p-touch software & print stickers (62mm x 100mm) which we then place a card.
We use printed card stock A4 paper with our logo & generic message ie. Happy Birthday, cut into 4 pieces & the card folds in 1/2 and the sticker fits perfectly on 1 side.

Hope this helps

Id love to find a way to make them automatically print but the problem with that is the customers also add notes etc in this space so we would have to manual fix them anyway.

SF2020
Visitor
1 0 0

This is a great idea. Where do you get the custom A4 paper and how do you cut it into 4 pieces to fold?

Would you mind sharing an image of an example?