What should I do if PayPal holds my Shopify sales funds?

NorbertDev
Excursionist
18 0 4

Hi everyone - I`ve made my few first sales via PayPal, and now Paypal is holding my money until the customer gets his product. However, there is a button called "get you money quicker" or something like that, and when you click, they ask if it`s a product, to which I said yes, and then they ask for the tracking number, all good until here. 

Since we are dropshipping, and I will put the tracking number there alongside the AliExpress standard shipping courier, the customer will see it, and maybe it`s not a good idea?

However, the tracking code that I was provided with from AliExpress, directs me to the 17track website which there I can see USPS, and currently, they don`t display anything about that tracking number.
So what I should do guys?

Any ideas or advice will be highly appreciated!

Replies 2 (2)

Hank
Shopify Staff
1102 128 187

Hi, @NorbertDev,

Hank here from Shopify.

As you mentioned that PayPal is holding your funds, the best thing I could advise you is to reach out to PayPal directly about this.

I found out some great information about PayPal holds on this page, which advises some ways you can speed up the hold they have. This section below may be of particular use to you.

28-41-evfsc-wtcly

Another thing you could do is contact your AliExpress supplier to query the tracking number. It may be a case that there are no updates also, and that is why the information on 17track is not showing, but your supplier can update you more on this.

So perhaps the best thing to do would be to query with the supplier first that it is the correct tracking number and then to reach out to PayPal to see if you can advise them of this and that you are dropshipping.

Between the two, your query should certainly be resolved. But if you need anything else from Shopify, please do let me know!

All the best,

Hank

Hank | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

HanaDo
Shopify Partner
8 0 0

Hello NorbertDev,

Congratulations on your first Shopify orders. Don't know until now, how is your store? Are you still doing well? I would be happy if I could update some new information.

In the beginning, it was very common for PayPal to hold money. PayPal takes time to review the reasonableness of the funds you receive. Depending on the different times, the number of days with the money being held will vary, but in general, it causes many disadvantages for sellers.

I know you are not alone with this problem, many people who are just starting to sell on Shopify have faced similar situations. So, my solution, in this case, to avoid PayPal holding money, and maybe get your money quickly is to use an effective tool. Synctrack is known as a secure solution when it comes to helping customers avoid common problems with PayPal. With this tool, you can completely feel safe because it helps you avoid many bad cases in the process of receiving money from PayPal, especially during times when the number of your orders increases dramatically. 

On the other hand, for those who often find it difficult to add tracking info manually, automatically adding tracking numbers through PayPal's help can make you feel more secure and satisfied. I believe that in your case, the advice to try the app Synctrack will make you satisfied. You can completely go in and experience the app's free plan right now https://bit.ly/3OnC8nm.