Problem connecting domain

Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 1

Hi,

I'm having some trouble trying to connect my domain name with my store. I get the error "A store with that domain name already exists.” I think I must have initially connected my domain to my old Shopify account but I can no longer access that account. Can anyone help?

Current domain: belleandbirdie.myshopify.com

Domain name: belleandbirdie.com

Thanks in advance,

Clarissa

Belle & Birdie

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
494 41 65

Hey, @belleandbirdie!

Ash here from the Shopify team. Welcome to the Shopify Community! 

I understand you're trying to connect your custom domain to your Shopify account, but are getting a notice that the domain is already associated with another shop. Your theory that it's connected to your old Shopify account is likely correct, but I'm happy to look into this closer and help get to the bottom of this with you! In order to dig into this, I'll need to authenticate you on your current shop, and also verify your ownership of the domain in question. I've sent an email to the email address associated with your Shopify Community account. Please reply to that email and we can proceed with the next steps together! 

Ash | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 1

Hi Ash,

Thanks very much for your help. You got my domain belleandbirdie.com connected successfully which is great. I'm now trying to also connect 'www.belleandbirdie.com' but without success. I'm aware that I'm supposed to log in to my Google Domains account and change the DNS settings from there but unfortunately I am unable to manage my settings through Google Domains. I have contacted Google Domains support and they have repeatedly told me that there is nothing they can do and that the domain is not run by them and it is run by Shopify. They even sent me this link to share with Shopify: https://www.whois.com/whois/belleandbirdie.com. Is there anything you can do to help me?

Clarissa

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
494 41 65

Hey, @belleandbirdie!

Ash here from the Shopify team again! I'm glad to hear that your domain belleandbirdie.com is connected successfully and working. I'm happy to help figure out what's going wrong with the www.belleandbirdie.com version now. 

It looks like our previous email ticket is now closed, so I've sent you an additional email to create a new ticket for us. I'll need to loop our technicians in on that ticket to take a closer look into the domain, and as soon as we have some more information we'll update you via email. I hope to get this all working as expected soon!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 1

Hi Ash,

Thanks for your help so far. The sooner I get this resolved the better since I'm hoping to launch my store at the end of this week. Any further updates would be appreciated!

Thank you,

Clarissa

Belle & Birdie 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
494 41 65

Hey, @belleandbirdie!

Ash here again. I checked in on the ticket we escalated, and I see that there aren't any updates in there quite yet. With that being said, I went ahead and tested your domains again (both belleandbirdie.com and www.belleandbirdie.com), and both appear to be in full functioning order at this time which is great!

My theory is that there was a delay in updating the www. version of your domain when we disconnected it from the previous account and reconnected it to your current account, but our technicians should be able to provide some more context in the aforementioned ticket once they've completed reviewing the situation. Could I get you to test on your end that both versions of the domain are now in working order?  Please reply back here and let me know!

0 Likes