Problem connecting multiple Shopify stores to Facebook pages/shops

Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 2

I have two stores under one Shopify account.  The first shop has been successfully connected to a FB page/shop and is running already.  I decided to open another store with a different niche.  But I'm now having problem connecting this new store to FB.  Shopify doesn't seem to be able to detect my other FB pages except the page of the first store.  I have 4 FB pages in my FB profile, and one of them is connected to my first store.  Shopify should be able to recognize the other 3 FB pages for me to connect, but it keeps saying the followings:

1. I have to disconnect the first page;

2. When I disconnect the first page, it says I do not have the Admin access.  But I'm the Admin to all my FB pages.  Plus, all pages are added to my FB Business Manager too.

Can anyone help?

Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
521 34 74

Hi, @Mochi!

Sophia here from Shopify. Am I correct in understanding that you're trying to connect two Facebook business pages to one Shopify store? If that's the case, the other thread you were looking into is correct—at this time, Shopify supports connecting one Facebook business page to each account. Have you had any luck with the alternative solution outlined there? 

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

I have the same issues. I have got two stores on Shopify, one is connected successfully. The second one is what I am struggling with to connect to Facebook Shop. My Facebook business page has all the details and admin access status for both. I don't know why this issue is coming up, Can someone help?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
521 34 74

@Amazingkom wrote:

I have the same issues. I have got two stores on Shopify, one is connected successfully. The second one is what I am struggling with to connect to Facebook Shop. My Facebook business page has all the details and admin access status for both. I don't know why this issue is coming up, Can someone help?

Hi, @Amazingkom.

Sophia here from Shopify. Welcome to the Shopify Community!

To clarify, do you have two separate Shopify stores as well as two separate Facebook Pages (one for each Shopify store)? Please let me know if there's an error message coming up when you attempt to connect your Facebook Shop to your second Shopify store. 

Aside from the requirements outlined here, it's important to ensure that your Facebook Page does not have any country or age restrictions set: 

14-17-n5dgc-apjbk

If you're sure that your Facebook Page meets all of the requirements and you're still having trouble connecting it, please provide more detail on what happens when you try to connect and I can walk you through some additional troubleshooting steps based on the error message or issue you're running into.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" /><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 15 (filtered medium)" /><!--<br>/* Font Definitions */<br>@font-face<br> {font-family:"Cambria Math";<br> panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}<br>@font-face<br> {font-family:Calibri;<br> panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}<br>@font-face<br> {font-family:"Malgun Gothic";<br> panose-1:2 11 5 3 2 0 0 2 0 4;}<br>@font-face<br> {font-family:"\@Malgun Gothic";}<br>/* Style Definitions */<br>p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal<br> {margin:0cm;<br> margin-bottom:.0001pt;<br> font-size:11.0pt;<br> font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}<br>a:link, span.MsoHyperlink<br> {mso-style-priority:99;<br> color:blue;<br> text-decoration:underline;}<br>.MsoChpDefault<br> {mso-style-type:export-only;}<br>@page WordSection1<br> {size:612.0pt 792.0pt;<br> margin:72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt;}<br>div.WordSection1<br> {page:WordSection1;}<br><br>
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
521 34 74

@Amazingkom wrote:
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" /><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 15 (filtered medium)" /><!--<br>/* Font Definitions */<br>@font-face<br> {font-family:"Cambria Math";<br> panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}<br>@font-face<br> {font-family:Calibri;<br> panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}<br>@font-face<br> {font-family:"Malgun Gothic";<br> panose-1:2 11 5 3 2 0 0 2 0 4;}<br>@font-face<br> {font-family:"\@Malgun Gothic";}<br>/* Style Definitions */<br>p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal<br> {margin:0cm;<br> margin-bottom:.0001pt;<br> font-size:11.0pt;<br> font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}<br>a:link, span.MsoHyperlink<br> {mso-style-priority:99;<br> color:blue;<br> text-decoration:underline;}<br>.MsoChpDefault<br> {mso-style-type:export-only;}<br>@page WordSection1<br> {size:612.0pt 792.0pt;<br> margin:72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt;}<br>div.WordSection1<br> {page:WordSection1;}<br><br>

Hey, @Amazingkom!

I'm not sure if you meant to post this here. I'd be happy to help you out with connecting the Facebook Shop if you can provide some more information about the page you're trying to connect and any error messages you're running into. If this code is somehow related to your Facebook Shop connection, please explain so I can help. Thank you!

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi @Sophia I am having the exact same problem. 

I have two stores and one Facebook account (it is against Facebook TOS to have multiple accounts) and I am unable to connect both stores at the same time. Each store has it's own page, but I can't connect both through my profile at the same time. 

If the one is connected (as is currently the case) the others give me the following error: 

Screenshot_2.jpg

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
521 34 74

@Jeremy_R wrote:

Hi @Sophia I am having the exact same problem. 

I have two stores and one Facebook account (it is against Facebook TOS to have multiple accounts) and I am unable to connect both stores at the same time. Each store has it's own page, but I can't connect both through my profile at the same time. 

If the one is connected (as is currently the case) the others give me the following error: 

Screenshot_2.jpg

Hi, @Jeremy_R. Welcome to the Shopify Community! 

Are you able to share the link to the terms of service you were reviewing that stated you couldn't have more than one Facebook account? I've created multiple Facebook Business Pages under one personal Facebook profile without any issues. You cannot connect more than one Facebook Page to one Shopify account, so you will need to have a separate Shopify account for each Facebook Page.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi @Sophia 

Like you, I have more than one business account linked to my single personal profile (Facebook does not allow more than one personal profile). 

The problem still persists though, where I have two separate stores and two separate Facebook pages (one for each store). I can however only connect one Facebook page to the corresponding store at a time. 

When I try and connect the other store to its page, I receive the error quoted in my reply. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
521 34 74

@Jeremy_R wrote:

Hi @Sophia 

Like you, I have more than one business account linked to my single personal profile (Facebook does not allow more than one personal profile). 

The problem still persists though, where I have two separate stores and two separate Facebook pages (one for each store). I can however only connect one Facebook page to the corresponding store at a time. 

When I try and connect the other store to its page, I receive the error quoted in my reply. 

Thanks so much for clarifying that, @Jeremy_R! When you open up the settings on Facebook for each business page and head to the Page Roles section, do you see your personal Facebook account listed as Admin? If it's listed as Custom or any other account type, that would be the cause of the issue. The settings should look something like this:

06-11-1qoxy-xqwo3

I just double checked my test stores and can confirm it is possible to operate multiple business pages under one Facebook profile and connect each to their respective Shopify accounts. Let me know what you see in your Facebook business page settings and I'll check to see if there are some troubleshooting steps we can try if your account is already listed as Admin.

I should also note that Facebook just announced the launch of Facebook Shops today, so the interface you see in your Shopify admin's sales channel section will likely change soon. If you try clearing your cache and cookies or accessing it from a new browser, it might already be updated. Here's what my Facebook section in the Shopify admin looks like right now:

19-05-ly726-75dm9

0 Likes